got my hands on a 15 gal keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicman

Reaction score
so i just got my hands on a large 1/2 barrel keg for free. i dont make that much brew, so besides making more, are there any suggestions as to what i can do with it. ive seen three tier designs that employ kegs, maybe could i do something like that or incorporate the keg in single infusion mashing. any tips, plans or ideas?

If you don't do all grain, I'd not really see the need for it. But for us that do; we "love" to get these and someone here would probably pay. I have 3 already though so not myself.

You can probably get ~ $70, $80 for it on eBay. Someone here might be willing to swap for something that you could use. Or, hold onto it, you may well decide to take the plunge into AG at some point. The keg (or a big brewpot) is one of the biggest purchases.

I'd hold onto it. You'll probably want a bigger brewpot some day, and the price of stainless steel probably won't be getting cheaper.

alemonkey said:
I'd hold onto it. You'll probably want a bigger brewpot some day, and the price of stainless steel probably won't be getting cheaper.

I totally agree. Keep it. Even if you don't do AG, you could double up on your recipes and make 10 gallon batches and do full boils.:rockin:

Back