Lace - whats the story behind Lace

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They keep your sneakers on your feet and really good ones only need to be tied once a day. Go for flat laces versus round. The round ones come undone much easier. :D

I personally prefer leather, but there's another forum kicking around here somewhere where this debate is better hashed out...

Seriously, it's a sign of a strong head, really good head retention. It's the white foam that clings to the top of your glass as you down the pint. It's a thing of beauty and a matter of pride; don't you love it when you drink a beer that's got a nice head, one that's nice and tightly formed, nice and smooth and creamy, one that doesn't dissipate as soon as you take a drink?

OH - YOU FUNNY FUNNY MAN!

So - it is only a cosmetic thing? not a sign of some chemically accurate deal?

What do you mean by "chemically accurate"? There are ways to enhance head formation/lacing, things like using wheat malt, different mash schedules, I'm not positive but I suspect using beer gas in a kegging system will result in more lacing (since it promotes a creamier head).

Back