Glass carboy with hole on top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok just read through this whole thread and cracked up pretty hard a few times thanks for that.

But to the point I used to blow glass and as far as modifying the glass carboy to steepen the shoulders it's not really possible without nearly a full hot shop on the other hand the better bottle could be done if you attach an air tight hose and pressurize either with air or water just enough to keep it from collapsing and heat the shoulder with a heat gun slowly and pull the neck down ward you could alter the shape without stretching your size would remain the same as well as thickness I'm sure it would be a challenge but I think I'll give it a shot eventually if it works I feel it would be worth the trouble to have a transparent conical

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

But to the point I used to blow glass and as far as modifying the glass carboy to steepen the shoulders it's not really possible without nearly a full hot shop on the other hand the better bottle could be done if you attach an air tight hose and pressurize either with air or water just enough to keep it from collapsing and heat the shoulder with a heat gun slowly and pull the neck down ward you could alter the shape without stretching your size would remain the same as well as thickness I'm sure it would be a challenge but I think I'll give it a shot eventually if it works I feel it would be worth the trouble to have a transparent conical

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I sent Vanna White over to sell you some punctuation haha

Back