Score!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
i just picked up 8 crates, each with 20 .5 liter flippies for 48 bucks and i got the nifty crate to hold them in. you just can't beat that price. not only that, but as i was looking at the bottles, someone left me a surprise!!! there was 5 full beers still left in one of the cases!!!! the same german swill i've been drinking but hey, free beer is free beer!!!

justbrewit said:
i just picked up 8 crates, each with 20 .5 liter flippies for 48 bucks and i got the nifty crate to hold them in. you just can't beat that price. not only that, but as i was looking at the bottles, someone left me a surprise!!! there was 5 full beers still left in one of the cases!!!! the same german swill i've been drinking but hey, free beer is free beer!!!

YES, YOU CAN!!! :D

That's a real good deal for many, but, not to rain on your celebration, I'd say you got ripped off! :mad:

If you picked up 8 racks (or "kasten", the name of those plastic cases) at the local getrinkmarkt (drink market/store) the pfand (deposit) is only about 3.8 Euro ($4.56) X 8 = $36.48 which is $11.50 cheaper. :D

Of course, the beer would have cost you another 11-17 Euros PER rack, but you would have had the pleasure of drinking them yourself.

PS I got all my flippies from the getrinkmarkt too! I just had them shipped back with my furniture.

PSS What kind of beer is it?

you forgot, the euro rate sucks right now!! so it's just about the same price. its called das schwartz brau or some thing like that, i like my homebrew way better

justbrewit said:
you forgot, the euro rate sucks right now!! so it's just about the same price. its called das schwartz brau or some thing like that, i like my homebrew way better
Is that a Kostrizer Schwarz Brau? Excellent beer! I've brought back a couple kegs of them back too.

Today's exchange rate is $1.17. I did my ciphering at $1.20. My figures are still in the ballpark.

Hell, I wish I had purchased $100,000.00 of euros when they first came out (I was in Germany when they came out and did and still do have the cash). It was 1 euro for our $.80. Now it's $1.20 for 1 euro. I would have made $35,000.00 in less than 2 years. That would have been tax free because I would have just exchanged it as cash...Verdammt Scheiße!

Tell me about it. I was in the U.K. when the pound/dollar exchange rate hit 1/$1.05. It was sweet to be living there at the time but I didn't have the idle money to invest. I could have made a bunch of quick cash if I had.

even if i did pay a little too much, its still cheaper than the homebrew shops!!!!! lol thats why i'm stocking up now!

Latest posts

Back