my first brewing experience and a quick ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklehead

Reaction score
After perusing some of the vast wealth of info on this site, I purchased a Coopers Mini Brewery Kit. I made the first batch(the lager that comes with the brewing kit) following the directions exactly. It wasn't too hard. I was a nervous wreck concerned about messing something up, but everything seemed to proceed as advertised. After eleven days in the fermenter, I bottled yesterday. I cleaned everything up and now have Coopers Mexican Cerveza bubbling away in the fermenter. I have to give the Coopers kit thumbs up for being as advertised. It seemed to have everything I needed. With that being said, there are alot of things I'm wanting to get. I still don't know if I'll be able to stomach the brew I just bottled, but there was a sense of accomplishment as I stacked the bottles in the closet yesterday. At least, it did taste like warm, flat, green beer. Last Monday night, I ordered a bottling tree, sanitizer, and the Mexican Cerveza kit from AHS utilizing standard delivery. I received the e-mail confirmation Tuesday morning. I received the order Wednesday morning. Absolutely great service. I will be ordering again.

My question is this. I just received notice this afternoon, that I may have to go to Canada for two weeks. I'm still unsure of my departure date, but if I leave this Friday, will my brew be OK in the fermenter untouched until Thanksgiving possibly?

Thanks

Actually, it'll probably be better than it would be if you didn't leave it in the fermenter until then.

Yes it will be fine. I always leave my beers at least 4 weeks and many times longer. You will be amazed at how good your second beer will be compared to the first because of the extra time.

Actually, it'll probably be better than it would be if you didn't leave it in the fermenter until then.

+1. I too leave my beers in the fermenter at least 3 weeks. It gives the yeasties plenty of time to do their part, and allows me to sit on my butt longer because I'm lazy!

Back