+10000 for keg lube (baby oil) on ball posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've read many posts where people say "use a little keg lube". I never bothered (partly because I didn't have any). Well today I got tired of labouring and hammering on those dam ball posts to get the connectors on and off, and I put just the TINIEST bit of baby oil around the edges (barely got my finger moist, ran it around the edge). The difference is that it is at least one thousand times easier.

If you haven't learned this yet, do it now!

(Ooops... wrong forum... should be in Kegging... Mod?)
(Can't find a "delete post" option in the "edit" feature)

Well today I got tired of labouring and hammering on those dam ball posts to get the connectors on and off

When I first started kegging I was having a lot of trouble with getting connectors on and off. Then I realized I was using the connectors on the wrong posts.

Grey is for Gas...Black is for Beer...:D

When I first started kegging I was having a lot of trouble with getting connectors on and off. Then I realized I was using the connectors on the wrong posts.

Grey is for Gas...Black is for Beer...:D

I had the same problem, but I was using the right connectors... It just so happened that 2 of my kegs had all gas posts! So I had to use 2 gray connectors on each keg.

I also color code my posts with colored o-rings. Green for gas, Blue for beer - tells me which connectors I have to use - so obviously I have 2 green o-rings on those oddball kegs.

Is baby oil food safe? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, especially when you can but food grade lubricants that work very well.

Baby oil is mineral oil plus some perfume. Mineral oil is the stuff you're supposed to use on wood cutting boards and salad bowls. He'll be fine.

Back