Beersmith questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunleav1

Reaction score
I am doing a partigyle in Beersmith 60/40 style.
I am doing an all grain brewing.
I will be steeping grains to create two different beers.
I will be adding cane sugar to the big beer.

Anyway I can do this in Beersmith?

Try making two recipes in beersmith with the different grains. Or do three recipes, one for the mash process, and then two more that start with half of those results each and include the steeping grains, hops, etc.

Here's what I did.
I created three recipes.
One for the big beer and one for the small beer.
I then took out all the uncommon grains between the grain bills and adjuncts and did a preview of the brew sheet. I then created a recipe of the average of the big and small beer and this is my partigyle recipe. My first runnings should be approx. 60% and my second runnings approx. 40%.
For the grains that I can't steep for the big beer - I'll do a mini mash and add them to the big beer kettle. For the small beer I'll adding them to the tun after I do the first runnings for the first beer.
We'll see how off I am on my OG's for each beer and adjust accordingly. I'm not that worried about it as this is a first parti gyle brew.

Back