Is SABCO still in business?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVD_X

Reaction score
I purchased three kegs though their on-line presence, got a receipt in my e-mail but have not got a UPS or shipment confirmation.

I did call and the very nice lady indicated that my kegs were shipping today, and shortly thereafter I got my UPS notification... so all is good.

Kegs arrived today! I got the $99 ones just because I like to do the work myself. They need a little cleaning on the outside but the inside is spotless and there are no "dings".

atarlecky said:
Kegs arrived today! I got the $99 ones just because I like to do the work myself. They need a little cleaning on the outside but the inside is spotless and there are no "dings".

Looking at their pics of their kegs they look like they have a satin finish. Do they sand blast them or soemthign to this effect to make them look like that?

stormtracker said:
Looking at their pics of their kegs they look like they have a satin finish. Do they sand blast them or soemthign to this effect to make them look like that?
On the keg that I got, the middle section has been sanded. I guess to remove any labeling that was put on their by the Boston Beer Co. On the top if the keg, it says 'Boston Beer Co", but it has been stamped over with a bunch of 'points' or something...like bumps. Not sure what the right word is.

To get a satin finish on your kegs, all you need is a random orbit sander. Start with 120 grit papers and then use 220 grit. Wear earplugs and a facemask because it is frickin LOUD and the SS dust probably isn't good for your lungs.

atarlecky said:
I purchased three kegs though their on-line presence, got a receipt in my e-mail but have not got a UPS or shipment confirmation.

They are still in business. I got this email today.

I just made the label for your order the tracking # XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO,
coming to you UPS Ground. Hopefully it will arrive sometime on Friday.
You will not be able to track your order with UPS until after 4:00 PM EST.

Call 419-531-5347 ask for Ruth

or​

email them at [email protected]

Never mind, I see you got it figured out...

:mug:

Back