Choosing A Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ok, I actually think I know what hes saying. I tend to go overboard because I'm so opinionated And I am fairly cynical when it comes to marketing and the politics involved which rubs some folks the wrong way.

Well, I'm opinionated too, and I think that's what people come to HBT for - advice and opinions. There was absolutely nothing that I could see in your post that warranted a personal attack. On the other hand, if someone wants to disagree with the content of someone's post - then criticize away - just be specific about what is being disagreed with.

This thread contained some good information and could be a reference for anyone looking to buy a conical. I've looked at some and the price on the Brewtech (7 Gal) is within reach. Spike Brewing should be releasing their conical line soon so I'll wait for them before making a decision. For now, does anyone have a conical from Brewtech and if so what are your thoughts? Would you buy another? Is there anything that you would like to see improved on?

For now, does anyone have a conical from Brewtech and if so what are your thoughts? Would you buy another? Is there anything that you would like to see improved on?

I have the 7 gal Brewbucket to use as a yeast starter for 20 gal batches. It's a great fermenter and I'm sure the conicals are just as nice.

I recently got a 1/2bbl BME conical from SS Brewtech and love it. I've only put a couple batches through it but it's very easy to use & clean.

I have two 1bbl conicals from SS. They are amazing pieces of gear. That said unless you have lots of free cash I don't know how anyone justifies the cost for conicals doing 5 and 10 gallon batches.

I have two 1bbl conicals from SS. They are amazing pieces of gear. That said unless you have lots of free cash I don't know how anyone justifies the cost for conicals doing 5 and 10 gallon batches.
Well that depends on how much your paying for them right? This is exactly why all 4 of my 6-12.5 gallon conicals were under $400 each and I was frugal in my buying process...
If I had to buy another one today it would be this one ... completely sanitary and uses stout replacement seals if ever needed. and polished for easier cleaning than the brushed finish which helps krausen stick like a *****...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...495988?hash=item4afe53f8f4:g:ZBkAAOSwvgdW3drc

See back when I brewed 5 & 10 gals even $300 seems like a lot. Since you don't have to divide 5 gal batches and even if you do 10 gal batches only into 2 but there are even tons of options for 10 gal batches that don't involve conicals. But if someone can afford it sure why not. I understand going crazy on this hobby ;)

Back