Best beer along I40/I30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedCossack

Reaction score
So the fiance and I are going to be taking road trip from Lafayette IN to Dallas TX. We know the IN beer scene, but are wondering what great places there are in Louisville KY, Memphis and Nashville, and Littlerock AR or points in between. Any suggestions?

Yazoo in Nashville is good for a tour. Diamond Bear in Little Rock makes some good beers but I don't think they distribute outside Arkansas. Also in Little Rock I would check out Whole Hog Cafe for BBQ.

We drive to S Texas every year, starting by going through Wisconsin.

There are a couple of beer places in north Arkansas (Fayetteville) but most of Arkansas along I40 and I30 seem to be dry counties besides! So, I think Arkansas is a bit of a beer wasteland, sorry to say. We always brought our own beer in a cooler in our car for overnight stays in Arkansas. I do love the BBQ and fried catfish around Hope, AR!

Almost forgot, there's a relatively new distillery in Little Rock as well, Rock Town Distillery. It's right downtown off I-30.

Memphis has Bosco's brewpub. They make some good stuff. The owners also started ghost river brewery which make some tasty brews. Bosco's brews onsite and you can take some with you.

Back