Happy Valentine's Day from my wife

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlatheSurferDude

Reaction score
Check the surprise when I got home tonight from wife!

Should go good with the pizza for dinner tonight.

2012-02-14 17.48.47.jpg

Nice! My wife got me a bottle of Voodoo Doughnut Maple-Bacon Ale from Rogue.

IMG_0243.jpg

Not sure if it will be good...or an epic fail. Either way, I'd prefer the beer to the maple-bacon doughnut it is based on.:cross:

Nice! I.P.A. is a perfect match with a pizza IMO.

HAH look at that ROGUE bottle. I bet you won't save that for bottling.

strambo said:

Not sure if it will be good...or an epic fail. Either way, I'd prefer the beer to the maple-bacon doughnut it is based on.:cross:

I have had that maple bacon doughnut. Surprisingly tasty. Let us know how the beer is.

IMG_0243.jpg

The club I'm in recently made a version of this beer. We made 5 gallons of it for what it costs for roughly 2 bottles of that stuff. It's still carbing up so we don't know if it is that close though.

I have had that maple bacon doughnut. Surprisingly tasty. Let us know how the beer is.
I should have had more faith in Rogue (one of my favorite breweries, I visit often). I thought it would be nasty...

The aroma was definitely smokey bacon with a hint of maple. The flavor...smokey bacon with a hint of maple...:D

It is like a lighter version of Dead Guy with some smoked malts, bacon and maple flavor added. The bacon was fairly prominent with the maple less-so. The flavor wasn't completely overpowering. I've had a smoked beer before that was supposed to be light-med on the smoke and didn't like it at all, this had a bit less smoke than that.

All in all, very drinkable, especially for 1 12oz glass. I had to drink the whole 750ml last night because the wife declined to help. A bit much for one sitting...but it kinda went well with AMC's "The Walking Dead" that we were watching!:mug:

I guess I'll have to see of I can fine that maple bacon beer to try.

I was super excited for the gift certificate. I have an available fermenter so I need to get some ingredients and try and have a brew day this weekend.

I tried the maple bacon beer a couple months ago. Was very surprised at how good it was. Definitely not something I could drink over and over, but was an interesting thing to experience. Tasted exactly like a maple bacon doughnut.

for valentines day I got an old german stein and a cool sign to hang in my brew area :)

My wife got me a $50 gift certificate to my LHBS. Which is probably why she didn't want me to go pick up the ingredients for my next brew on Monday. I went anyway.

She also let me have some of her Mikkellers stout. Bonus!

Back