Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stuck faucets do break... a warm rag does the trick usually:)

vintage1.jpg

emyers said:
Yea im considering getting some hard drive rare earth magnets already, I have a feeling the Velcro is going to loose its strength.

Ya, 12" drip tray = $70
Stainless 12" drywall pan = $12

I'm with you!

Pre-made? Craigslist.

I picked up mine for $150. Swapped the single tower for a three tap.

I probably have about $250 in mine, total.

:mug:

I picked mine up for $300 with a dual tower, 10lb co2 tank and 1 keg. Sold that for $180 and funded the collar with 4 taps. I spend $50 upgrading to a 20lb tank for easier refill swaps and spend $50 on a 4 way gas spliter. So total investment $400+kegs. I got over $800 worth of gear in that initial deal. So yea CL can be better than making it your self.

LuiInIdaho said:
It is a Tap Rite secondary regulator with four regulator controls. It can be used to dispense beer at four different pressures.

Mark.

Sounds like a really nice regulator, can you send me a link to where I can check one out... I bought a regular inexpensive regulator at my local homebrew shop but I have not yet completed my kegerator and I may be willing to change my current reg

BadgerBrigade said:
Sounds like a really nice regulator, can you send me a link to where I can check one out... I bought a regular inexpensive regulator at my local homebrew shop but I have not yet completed my kegerator and I may be willing to change my current reg

I just bought a four regulator TapRite from Keg works. I bought from here because the regulators are supposed to have check valves. Keg Works also sells primary regulators.

Mark

LuiInIdaho said:
I just bought a four regulator TapRite from Keg works. I bought from here because the regulators are supposed to have check valves. Keg Works also sells primary regulators.

Mark

WOW! $230.00! I think for now I'm going to have to keep my $45 regulator system and save up for a Tap Rite. No idea it was that kind of dough...
It does look fantastic so I am going to eventually try to get one but it's just going to be a while. If anyone wants to sell one used please PM me.

I picked mine up for $300 with a dual tower, 10lb co2 tank and 1 keg. Sold that for $180 and funded the collar with 4 taps. I spend $50 upgrading to a 20lb tank for easier refill swaps and spend $50 on a 4 way gas spliter. So total investment $400+kegs. I got over $800 worth of gear in that initial deal. So yea CL can be better than making it your self.

Got me beat in the bargain department. I picked up a large freezer for only $50. Little did I know it could hold 9 kegs, so naturally I needed at least 8 taps (soon to be 9). I will have sparkling water, kombucha and 7 beers on tap when done. Even though I got a good deal on everything I have close to $100 invested, and that does not include kegs or CO2 tank.

I picked up a towered kegertator for $100 recently. I kept the CO2 tank and regulator and traded the rest to a welder for work to be done later. So there are good deals to be found on Craigslist but if you are handy, making from scratch is more fun.

Here is mine. Currently making new tap handles with chalkboard paint. I have been upgrading my taps to perlicks ( only one left)

paint.jpg

keezer.jpg

some helpful hints and ideas for me in here. I'm glad to find out that there is black paint that will do the job instead of trying to find a black freezer.

some helpful hints and ideas for me in here. I'm glad to find out that there is black paint that will do the job instead of trying to find a black freezer.

If you are referring to mine above it is textured spray paint from home depot.

Here's Dorothy, Nearly finished. Installing the fans today.
Wired up an environmental monitoring system. Temp, airflow, humidity, light, sound, door, and flooding sensors. Pretty excited to be finished.

2013-03-04_19-02-34_161.jpg

2013-03-09_18-36-44_455.jpg

I have a 420-Liter chiller plate fridge. Had a custom-made shelf fabricated to support the weight of the kegs. A few iterations later, I've added CO2 and Nitro lines to make them as interchangeable as I feel this week.

You run all your beers through stout faucets? Do you run everything with nitro/beer gas? Do you remove the restrictor plate for normal (CO2) dispensing?

So many questions!

Thanks for the nice words on my wall tap. I am not a home brewer but I came here looking for ideas when I decided to install a kegerator. There were so many great ideas and it really inspired me. Thanks to everyone that shared pics of their setups.

Long time member, haven't posted in forever...

My old (1988) 10 cu ft keezer finally kicked the bucket. Of course, it had to do it the week of our biggest pub party. And after my new Johnson Controls A419 came in and the keg of non-homebrew was ordered, of course. This prompted an immediate trip to Lowe's an hour away.

Lowe's, of course, didn't have the freezer we wanted.. it was good-sized, but not huge, and priced right. So, what did Associate Andy do? He went to the manager, explained the situation, and they gave us the next-sized up freezer (Frigidaire LFFN15M5HW) for the same price as the one we wanted. $120 off. Seriously. That's why I keep going back to Lowe's. Add our $100 rebate from the State of Maine for purchasing an Energy Star compliant appliance, and that means a new beer cooler for half price and then some. Score. Yes, I know how to shop!

Anyway... SWMBO and I got home and fitted the new keezer with a collar (I decided to do it right this time.. the old one didn't have a collar). I still have CO2 and beer lines and whatnot to run, and need to stick a fan in it, but I am just so very very very happy with this...

625478_10200809910598540_1368461085_n.jpg

31895_10200809910758544_700855550_n.jpg

734007_10200809910838546_1371539815_n.jpg

577384_10200809911278557_1044708988_n.jpg

Smcvail said:
Here is my newly finished wall tap.

[/IMG]

Is that sweet new tap on inside or outside of your house? (Assume inside based on the electrical switch). Also curious about your setup behind the wall. Nice job.

So here is a pic of the inside of me fridge. I used an 1 1/2 rigid plumbing loop with computer fan to keep beer lines cool. Seems to be working great no issues with foam and the beer is cold no matter if it is the first pour or the fourth. Thermometer temp is high because I had the door open taking pics. pretty much stays between 38-39 degrees.

6sfj3a.jpg
[/IMG]

This picture just shows the location of the fridge to the taps. As you will notice the fridge is directly behind the wall taps. I wanted to keep the fridge as close to the faucets as possible so the beer doesn't have much opportunity to warm up.

etbl6v.jpg
[/IMG]

I would love to brew some beer. I want to meet up with another interested person and share the cost of the equipment. Someday I will surely brew some beer.

Back