All Grain Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhaas66

Reaction score
Didn't think I would ever say this but what equipment do I need to do all grain?

I have a 10 gal pot and the burner..

More looking at ... ? Mash Tun? and Lauter Tun?

The round 10 gal Igloo coolers ok? Can I make a high OG 5 gal batch with a 10 gal Igloo?

Thanks...

Since you have a sufficiently large pot and burner, a mash/lauter tun (most AG homebrewers use the same vessel for mashing and lautering) is really just about the only other thing you need.

Yes, a 10 gal cooler is good for what you have in mind. There might be some concern about grainbed depth for lower gravity 5 gal batches if you are fly spraging, but if you're batch sparging, this really isn't an issue.

This is where the questions come....

Round, rectangular?

I was looking at the round 10 gal with another 10 gal for Sparging? Has a sprinkler setup on it...?

What is going to give me the best output of my wort?

Sorry for the stupid ?

Thanks..

It doesn't matter really. Round coolers can be easier to set up for fly sparging, but that's about it. Just pick one and roll with it. Either way, you can make some great AG homebrew!

If you don't already have a chiller of some kind (immersion, cfc, plate) you'll probably want one. Cooling 5 gallons in the kitchen sink would take forever! :D

Back