Help please!!! Beer in my regulator....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelSterling

Reaction score
So I was not thinking after force carbing my porter and went to releave the pressure and pulled the relief valve on the regulator. The co2 line was still attached. And beer came out the relief valve. Is my regulator done for??? How can I fix this. I turned the co2 back up to push the beer back out. But I'm sure there is still some in the regulator. Help please!!

I dont have an appropriate solution based response, im just more curious in why did you decide to pull the relief valve instead of tuning your regulator down to serving pressure and then bleeding off the excess pressure with the keg pressure release pin. Or turning the regulator gas cutoff valve and then pulling the keg pin.

It kind of seems like you went out of your way to cause a pressure inversion there, unless im not seeing this through correctly.

I dont have an appropriate solution based response, im just more curious in why did you decide to pull the relief valve instead of tuning your regulator down to serving pressure and then bleeding off the excess pressure with the keg pressure release pin. Or turning the regulator gas cutoff valve and then pulling the keg pin.

It kind of seems like you went out of your way to cause a pressure inversion there, unless im not seeing this through correctly.

i really dont understand what i was doing.

I know this is wrong to even type this but I laughed so hard when I read this!:off:

Pull it all apart, clean it, put it back together, it will be fine.

If you don't, the beer might dry up and stuff will stick = not work great.

Buy a few check valves...use them.

All will be right with the world.

Don't worry. There isn't much going on inside the regulator it's pretty simple. Take it apart clean it and put it back together

put a check valve on the low pressure side. then take apart the reg and clean it.

then, use the keg relief valve instead of the regulator one for now on. at least disconnect the gas before pulling the reg valve.

my taprite regs don't even have relief valves on the regs. they have a safety blow-off valve, but not a manual relief. really no reason for it in a basic home beer system

So my regulator has what I call a "shut-off valve" as well as the knob to adjust the pressure. Is this the same thing you're talking about, and if not, where can I find a check valve for a corny keg system? I found some for other types of kegs on Amazon, but that's it.

Back