Looking forward to this from Sierra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I wonder how far those beers will get up the coast. I'd love to see some up in Bellingham.

They are awesome craft brews!!! We found them at BevMo. I am a HUGE fan of Sierra Neveda!

OHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!

I saw this in one of my bottle shops wednesday!!! I didn't know what it was.

Sierra-Nevada-Ovila-Quad.png

Guess I know what I'm picking up in the next couple days.

The Ovila Saison was just okay...I'll have to try the Quad...I like Koningshoeven Quadruple quite a bit...Maybe with two or three people I'll do a side by side.

I found the Saison to be dry but it was also a little too sweet for me. I like a little more baked bread character.

That SN saison isn't worth the money. You can get an authentic saison for the same price. But I suppose everyone is going to try it once, just to see for themselves...

Ouch! What did you pay for the bottle? In most cases you can't blame the brewer for the inflated price from your local liqour store. And be fair, these are recipes others didn't create, these are the real deal for the most part.

Sierra Nevada Ovila

To be fair I've only had the saison and cannot speak for the dubbel or quad. But I do know that one of my local brewerys, North Coast, nailed a perfect farmhouse ale with their Le Merle. It tastes like black pepper and hay. Love it. So I'm not in any way saying that there aren't good domestic abbey-style ales.

If you get a chance try the dubbel. It will be a most amzing feeling for your palate senses!.:mug:

OHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!

Wow I totally forgot that these were colab brews. I've seen them around town for a while now. I think I tried one of them and wasn't too impressed. I think it was the dubbel but I'm not sure.

OHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!

We've had about 6 of the Dubbel sitting at our shop for over a year now. I'm seriously tempted to just tell my boss, "take my check for this week, I take these."

I know this is my first post, been lurking for a while. I actually just tried the quad tonight. I got it a good week or so ago and meant to share it with my wife, but she never got more than a taste. Personally i really liked it, slightly sweet and malty, also lightly to moderately hopped. Over all very smooth and i would definately not hesitate to buy it again. It reminded me alot of a homebrew quad i tried at the tn cigar and brew fest. I actually found this particular thread while searching hoping to find a recipe to make it myself.

I tried the la trappe quad hoping for similar but that wasn't dark enough and was quite a bit more bitter than i expected with my limited quad experience. All in all i definately liked it and if i can't find a recipe i'll pretty definately be picking up a bottle or 2 at a semilocal store ($10 for the 1pint 9.4oz bottle) anytime i have an excuse to head over to that part of jackson. All in all i liked it, and the sam adams imperial stout i followed it with, lol.

I just paid 13.29 for the Quad. I just cracked it. It's got some nice dark fruity notes to it. and has a high alcoholic bite to it. There's also some bubblegum in there as well. I like it

Latest posts

Back