Keg Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoors76

Reaction score
So I made the move to kegging. Got my first beer on tap and it was fantastic checked all the fittings no leaks. Left it for about 4 days come back to get a beer open the door pull the spout and nothing, check my CO2 tank and it is empty. So my question is the beer is flat now can I recarb it and it be ok or is it ruined. I lost the pressure due to the intake fitting going bad. :mad:

Should be fine, just re-carbonate. I leave mine without gas all of the time, well just enough to seal the lids. Like a bright tank. It might not even be flat, just not enough head pressure in the keg to dispense.

Sometimes Star San won't bubble if the leak is small enough when you spray your connections to check them (happened to me). They have this leak check stuff at the welding shops where you get your gas and it is much more sensitive and bubbles at the slightest leak. You can literally spray some on the counter and barely blow on it and it will bubble. Since I started using it to check everything I have not woken up to an empty Co2 bottle ;)

Latest posts

Back