Fermentation issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevesbeer

Reaction score
I have good stoudt that appears to have stopped fermenting. In primary for about 10 days, transferred to secondary for about 15 days. No signs activity since moving into secondary. OG was 1.062...after almost 25 days still only down to 1.30. Is this the end of it or should I try to re-introduce more yeast? Yeast used was a fresh White Labs WPL005. There was a lot of initial activity for the first week.

Sample is what I expected it to taste like...a little sweet with a Guiness bitterness I like. It is a bit heavy tho

Did you use a starter?...
It's not the end of the beer... you can re-pitch if you are not seeing anymore attenuation and if the beer doesn't taste good... if you do, make sure you make a starter and pitch at high krausen...

It does taste good. What if I just use another vial of the same yeast and prime with corn sugar?? Too much too late?

I would just take the airlock off your carboy, shake it up for a bit to get some more oxygen in there, and toss in another vial of yeast.
It can't hurt anything at this point.

What temperature is your fermenter at now?
White labs says to keep 005 between 65 and 70F.

Back