The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the game to the bitter end, was at least a bit encouraged that the Sox put a couple of runs on the board. Not enough to overcome the Peavy 2nd inning melt-down, but it was better than another donut.

They had one to lose, hopefully that's the last one...

Cheers!

Well, it's a three-game series now, and we still have home field advantage. Could be worse. We could be missing our all-world defensive lineman, our only other experienced defensive tackle, our all-world cornerback, our all-world tight end, our perennial Pro Bowl linebacker, our best wide receiver, and our third-down running back. Oh, that's the Patriots.

Let's go, Lester! clap-clap-CLAPCLAPCLAP! Let's go, Lester! clap-clap-CLAPCLAPCLAP!

Well, it's a three-game series now, and we still have home field advantage. Could be worse. We could be missing our all-world defensive lineman, our only other experienced defensive tackle, our all-world cornerback, our all-world tight end, our perennial Pro Bowl linebacker, our best wide receiver, and our third-down running back. Oh, that's the Patriots.

and we will still beat the jets by 15 this week

Melana you can make goo goo eyes with the Rookie all you want. None of the rest of us get it but WTF, you're incurably nice and you're doing your good deed for the millennium by befriending him.

Fine.

Whatever.

BUT...

You keep up this baseball negativity you and me gonna have a little talk.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the Rookies through the valley of the darkness. For she is truly her brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. BUT I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my baseball. And you will know I am the Thread Starter when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Just sayin'

I am SO sending Yeager out with a 45 to cap yo ass.

Uhhhhh...................................

Upon further reflection, that might be a sub optimal plan. But I'd still worry if I were you. I'm SURE there will be a long list of volunteers better suited to the task.

A small thing that I like about my life. I moved offices a while back, so I've got a window. And, I'm on the first floor, not far from the building's entrance, which on the downside means that the old hags hang out not far from me and suck down their nicotine sticks. That's not the good thing.

But, I think there's a WIC office upstairs or something - something that results in a LOT of MILFs walking by every day. And being North Adams, there's a pretty good percentage of "barely legal," too.

Just makes work more pleasant.

Melana you can make goo goo eyes with the Rookie all you want. None of the rest of us get it but WTF, you're incurably nice and you're doing your good deed for the millennium by befriending him.

Fine.

Whatever.

BUT...

You keep up this baseball negativity you and me gonna have a little talk.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the Rookies through the valley of the darkness. For she is truly her brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. BUT I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my baseball. And you will know I am the Thread Starter when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

Just sayin'

Paulie you're a fargin riot. I'm not going to apologize for disliking baseball... It's never been something I was able to get into. If I have to put up with the baseball talk you'll have to put up with me rolling my eyes. Keep the chatter to the dead hookers and Yeager floggings and we'll both be happy.

I'll put this out there as well. I make goo goo eyes at no one. Not now, not ever.

595.jpg

I think Avila's done for the night. And maybe the rest of the ALCS.

Tight win by the Bs - Smith with the winner in the last minute to take Timmaaaay down...

Hope the Sox can hold on. It would be huge!

Cheers!

[edit] YEEEEHAAAAW! Koji Rules, Sox go up 3-2 and are coming home!
Two chances to win a game and the Pennant!

Perfect night for beer drinking camped out in front of the big screen with clicker in hand. Bruins at Tampa @7 and Tigers at Fenway @8, both games DVRed so nothing big gets missed.

Hope to see caps and t-shirts handed out tonight, but Buch has me a bit un-relaxed. Six kegs on line should fix that eventually...

Cheers! And GO SAWX! :ban: :ban: :ban:

I have a brewing question, I am planning on making a KBS clone, here is my recipe:

KBS CLONE

5 US Gallons

13.25 lbs pale malt
1.5 lbs flaked oats
.75 lb roasted barley
.75 lb Belgian choc. malt
.50 lb Belgian debittered black malt
.5 lb 120L crystal malt

Hops

1.0 oz Nugget 13% aa (60 mins)
1.25 oz Willamette 5% aa (25 mins)
1.75 oz Willamette 5% aa (10 mins)

2.5 oz Belgian bittersweet chocolate (15 mins)
1.5 oz unsweetened cocoa nibs (15 mins)
2.0 oz ground Sumatran coffee (flameout)
2.0 oz cold-brewed Kona coffee (secondary)

American or California Ale yeast

Boil Time 90 mins
IBU. 73
SRM 60
Specific gravity 1.092
Assumed Efficiency 75%

Infusion Mash at 155F for 60 mins. Add Hops, chocolate, and coffee as specified. Ferment for 2 weeks at 65F. Soak .25 oz French Oak chips in one cup Kentucky Bourbon for 2 days. Soak ground kona coffee in 1 cup boiled, cooled water and leave overnight, covered in refrigeratro. Strain out grounds and add cold coffee and bourbon, with wood chips to secondary. Rack fermented stout into this mixture and condition in secondary at 55-60F for 2-6 mos.

Can I split up the grain bill, mash 2 times and combine to get the neccessary wort or does it all have to be done at once? Thanks
It depends on your equipment. I've done a 22# BIAB in my 15 gallon kettle using a tote to drop the bag into. If you are a 3Ver, sure, go ahead and do two mashes and combine, you may want to shoot for a bigger volume and boil longer to concentrate your wort. Better yet, see if you can borrow someone's mash rig so you can do the halves simultaneously to shorten the brew day.

Back