beersmith help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunblock

Reaction score
been fooling around with beer smith and I like it so far. Having trouble with getting the recipes right in all grain mode though. I am going to try the highly rated recipe here :

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall-42841/

I have setup the extract version in beersmith and everything is spot on. When I try the all grain version though my IBU's drop down to about 15. Seems like I am missing something but from what I can tell everything is entered identical to the recipe. Any clues?

Here is the recipe I plugged it in to Beersmith and got the correct results,

I think He uses whole leaf hops ! that will change a few things and don't forget to set you mash, I think a single infusion (full body) will be really close to what you may need.
Up at the top of you recipe window in Beersmith there is a drop down that will let you select what type of brew you are doing. ie: extract, Partial mash, or All Grain

Hope this helps

-Jason

View attachment CentennialBlonde.bsm

Thanks for the file, it works great and is a big help. I think its the mash profile that I did not setup correctly.

Back