Breaking the kid in right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neuron555

Reaction score
OK, this is a little like the what to brew for SWMBO threads, but my youngest just turned 21, and while I have let him try some of my homebrews from time to time, I figure I can now get him truly educated. My tastes tend towards the more complex, but I like most styles. He will drink some of my darker and heavier styles, but he still likes the lighter end of the scale. I'm planning on having him brew a batch with me that we can share, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to educate and broaden his horizons, but bring him along gently. He already likes the wheat beers, American, German and Belgian, so what else would you all suggest? Cream Ale, Blond, Kolsch? Maybe a Brown? I'll get him up to IIPAs sooner or later.

Keep in mind the changing seasons. Anything you brew now will be ready to enjoy in about 2 months. Maybe an American Amber to bridge the winter and spring.

Get crazy with him and brew up a simple strong golden ale. Easy to brew and up there in the ABV. Cream ales or saisons are also perfect to brew now for the upcoming months.

Back