$7.95 flat rate shipping midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that great, grain is exempt from the flat rate. Doesn't help much IMO.

It works on grain. I tried it, 15lbs of grain was $7.95 shipping.

EDIT: I think 15lbs wasn't enough, added another 20lbs of grain and 6lbs of extract, still had the $7.95 shipping option. Just fill up your cart and try it I guess.

Heavier products do not qualify for the S.O.S. program and are subject to normal shipping rates. Products that require dimensional weight shipping or special handling, such as bottles, carboys and large pieces of equipment are also subject to standard shipping rates. This list also includes, but is not limited to, Wine Recipe Kits, any Italian Wine Equipment, Oak Barrels, and Beer or Wine Equipment Kits.

Saving with the S.O.S. program is automatic. If all items in your cart qualify, you will automatically receive the Save On Shipping rate. There is no need to enter a promo code or anything else to receive the lower shipping rate. Cheers!

So you only get the flat rate shipping on light items; tanks, carboys, barrels - all the stuff you'd want cheap shipping on, use standard shipping.

Aside from carboys and barrels, it doesn't really say what qualifies as "heavy"

Latest posts

Back