How to brew mead with MrBeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow Dragon

Reaction score
Help! I need a recipe for brewing mead with MrBeer. I just finish bottling the beer.

Also do I have to order brewers yeast or just get bread yeast from Wal-Mart. I like to try to get all my stuff from Wal-Mart. Is Sun Oxygen Clearer any good. :mug:

Try posting in the wine section. There's lots of people who will see this there.

I would advise glass, not the Mr Beer keg, for this as good mead can sit in the fermenter for a long time.

Shadow Dragon said:
Help! I need a recipe for brewing mead with MrBeer. I just finish bottling the beer.

Also do I have to order brewers yeast or just get bread yeast from Wal-Mart. I like to try to get all my stuff from Wal-Mart. Is Sun Oxygen Clearer any good. :mug:

LOL, I love it!

Get the bread yeast from Walmart and brew the mead in your Mr. Beer for 6 months then let us know how it turns out.

:D

you don't HAVE to use champaigne yeast to make mead...depends on the style, the desired ABV, and whether you want sweet or dry.

but you never wanna make mead in plastic...always in glass, because it takes considerably longer in primary, a whole lot longer in secondary, and then you need to age it some more so it can mellow.

Back