ATTENTION CORPUS CHRISTI BREWERS (if there are any)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
I went to THE hbs today and was talking to the manager and told her this Saterday April 7th is "Brew Year's Day" and told her she should have a sale. I was pretty much joking but she said ok!

So if there is anyone in Corpus that brews this Saterday there will be a 10% off sale at The Toddy Shoppe on Weber.

They have pretty good prices to begin with as well. 6.5 gal carboys are 23.99 5 gal are 18.99 and they have 3 gal as well but I can't remember the prices.

I'm going to pick up some swing top bottles....they're 18.99 for 12

The only problem with this place is I'm not sure I would trust the hops and maybe some of the other ingredients bc of freshness. The hops aren't refridgerated....just on a shelf.

They also don't sell liquid yeast bc she said no one was buying them and it was costing her too much to have them.

But for equipment and stuff they're pretty good and a 10% off sales nothing to laugh at.

Take it easy!

*I'm in no way affiliated with them......just a customer

Greenhornet,

Having just moved to Corpus, I was in search of a LHBS. I was very disappointed when I found the Toddy Shop. The last two cities I lived in had multipul HBSs. I could take my pick of the best. I got spoiled! Now I'm in Corpus and mail order (Austin) because I do A.G. and the Toddy has nothing I need. If I remember right it was $2.78 for a pound of cyrstal malt. Pretty steep pricing, I'm sure they do not sell a ton of A.G. supplies. I asked about a bulk order of 2 row and was qouted $75 a bag. I can order it shipped to my house for way less than that.

Now those equipment prices look pretty good. I may have to stop back in and see if much has changed. Maybe pick up a third carboy.

By the way any other brewing clubs or homebrewing shops in the Corpus area?

LarMoeCur.....good to see someone else in corpus that brews!

I know what you mean about the quality of ingredients....I would deffinatly not buy any hops from there and would be leary of grain

They had a big trash can that said "2-row 99 cents a pound" which isn't a bad price but who knows how long it's been hanging out there you know?

but as far as equipment goes they have good prices. esp the bottles and carboys....it's worth a shot

I talked to the lady, sounds like she would have a larger store if she could but there isn't much of a market for it here in corpus

there is a club though......i've never been or anything but it's called BASH....Bay Area Society of Homebrewers

either ask her about it or there is a site if you google it

take it easy man

I live in corpus and just started brewing and I wish I new of a local brew shop. Lemme know if you all know of any.

I live in Corpus Christi and am new to brewing beer also.
Looking for friends to help me get going.

Willee 361-563-1303

I live in Corpus Christi and am new to brewing beer also.
Looking for friends to help me get going.

Willee 361-563-1303

I don't know of any stores- but I live in Rockport from Jan-March. I'll come to your house (or you could come to mine) and I'll brew with you if you'd like. If you need to order something, I can help you with that before that if you want.

In return, I'll take three good beers. Yours, preferably. :D

We normally bring three kegs of homebrew to Texas, but we're not doing that this year as far as I know. And I never brew, unless a neighbor does, because I don't haul my stuff to Texas. So I'd love the chance to brew with someone!

Hi Yooper, and others in the CC area,

I have a winter home on Padre Island. I am setting up a second complete brewhaus on the island and I will be delighted to host a brewing session, or several, for all on the forum. My new set up should handle 10 gallons per brew.

I'd be especially interested in talking to Yooper about our shared interest in wine making. We have slightly different approaches and an opportunity to taste each other's product would be fun. I am only able to bring (sneak) a small amount of product from Alaska but I can put a small amount aside for a taste test.

This thread, or personal mail can be used to set something up and I can give you my phone number and address for planning purposes.

Best wishes,
Dan

I thought that area was hit so bad it would take a spell to rebuild. We used to stay on Mustang Island at Pioneer rv resort. Relocating to Mission Texas this year from our igloo in Canada. Yes I travel with kegs!

I don't know of any stores- but I live in Rockport from Jan-March. I'll come to your house (or you could come to mine) and I'll brew with you if you'd like. If you need to order something, I can help you with that before that if you want.

In return, I'll take three good beers. Yours, preferably. :D

We normally bring three kegs of homebrew to Texas, but we're not doing that this year as far as I know. And I never brew, unless a neighbor does, because I don't haul my stuff to Texas. So I'd love the chance to brew with someone!

I thought that area was hit so bad it would take a spell to rebuild. We used to stay on Mustang Island at Pioneer rv resort. Relocating to Mission Texas this year from our igloo in Canada. Yes I travel with kegs!

Yes, our house literally blew away along with 80% of our town, so I won't be in the area this winter. We'll still be in Texas, but no place close to the coast until some rebuilding happens. Much of Mustang Island and almost all of Corpus Christi was spared, but unfortunately our neighborhood was decimated.

The storm hit just north of Aransas Pass and F'ed everything up going west a bit, and then north again. Corpus dodged another bullet. I had a few leaves in the yard....

There is an active HomeBrew club here in Corpus Christi, Texas.
B.A.S.H. Bay Area Society of HomeBrewers.
Also the Liquid Town on Airline near McCardle sells HomeBrew equipment and supplies.
Feel free to call me with any questions about the HomeBrewing scene in Corpus Christi.
Willee 361-563-1303

Back