Bottling and carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBX

Reaction score
Hi

Im about to bottle my first IPA this weekend and was considering using some finings to aid clarity.

If I do this, it will take the yeast that is in suspension to the bottom of my carboy if I understand correctly - to clarify the ale

My question is - how will the priming sugar be metabolised in the bottle if all the yeast has been left in the carboy and so how will the beer become carbonated?

RBX said:
Hi

Im about to bottle my first IPA this weekend and was considering using some finings to aid clarity.

If I do this, it will take the yeast that is in suspension to the bottom of my carboy if I understand correctly - to clarify the ale

My question is - how will the priming sugar be metabolised in the bottle if all the yeast has been left in the carboy and so how will the beer become carbonated?

To ensure that their is a little extra yeast (because no matter how carefull you are their will still be a small amount of yeast floating in your solution that is not visable to the naked eye, at least not mine) in your bottling bucket, suck some through your tube while transfering, but not too much.

Back