What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finsfan said:
haha im still working on the stuff you sent, trying to stagger it but i may need to smash the 668 after i mow my jungle today. can you get the flower power local? if so i may wanna set up a small trade for some in a week or so

I have a bunch if Flower Power left. PM me dude.

SWITCHBACK!!!!!!!!!!! anyone from CT knows it isn't easy to get your hands on a keg of Switchback without going for a very long ride.

Rodenbach, Lindeman's, and Gueuze Fond Tradition.

First try at a Flemish Red with Rodenbach - not bad but too sweet for my taste. Goes down like soda pop.

Lindeman's Geuze is my all time favorite, Boon is a close second but harder to find. I think I finished off the last Boon at the liquor mart.

Haven't tried Fond Tradition yet, looking forward to it but all the notes I have been seeing say it is a ho-hum gueuze. We'll see.

Sours 08052013.jpg

Rodenbach, Lindeman's, and Gueuze Fond Tradition.

First try at a Flemish Red with Rodenbach - not bad but too sweet for my taste. Goes down like soda pop.

Lindeman's Geuze is my all time favorite, Boon is a close second but harder to find. I think I finished off the last Boon at the liquor mart.

Haven't tried Fond Tradition yet, looking forward to it but all the notes I have been seeing say it is a ho-hum gueuze. We'll see.

If you feel like giving Rodenbach another shot, try the Grand Cru. The blend has more old beer and it is less sweet.

Roggenbier. I needed a break from commercial stuff for a while. I'm also doing a starter for a saison, that I'm brewing later. Getting ready to keg my sour bitter, and bottle a batch of funky blonde in a little while...

I've heard that about Grand Cru and I have been looking for it, haven't found it yet. I remember seeing it at the liquor mart months ago but I wasn't thinking sours at the time. I hope it is something that they get in occaisionally.

I'm into the Fond Tradition now. Not too bad - fruity/cidery/citrusy with a light funk. Nice drinking.

mcbaumannerb said:
Poolside line-up this afternoon. Now to make crab cakes and lemon-mascaropone orzo to feed the hungry masses...

I'm jealous of all your DC Brau so I pulled this out to try and make others jealous.

image-3285605234.jpg

i feel compelled to mention how much i like maine beer co ever time i see one on here. FYI that bottle must be a little old, the new ones all say "freeport, me" on them. Not that its bad or anything.

They make good beer. They're good folks too. Good beer from good people!

Drinking a Dunkin dark roast while I "shop" for clothes with swmbo. More like shut up and sit and drink your crappy coffee while I try everything on and call myself fat.

I'm jealous of all your DC Brau so I pulled this out to try and make others jealous.

View attachment 139870

The DC Brau porter I picked up was great. Really solid beer in what, for me, is usually an underwhelming style.

How's the Seizoen Bretta? I've got one in the cellar, but I'm planning on saving it a while I think. Unless I run out of brett strains to play with (not likely).

TNGabe said:
A lot of the Cali mail order places have it.

I will have to check a few others after dinner. The 2 I checked this morning said I wasn't in the right "region" for the beer item request.. Whatever that means!!

Do they ship to NY? I've never ordered, but I've piggybacked on a friends to help fill shipper out.

image-802897007.jpg

Hb sour pirtet

The DC Brau porter I picked up was great. Really solid beer in what, for me, is usually an underwhelming style.

How's the Seizoen Bretta? I've got one in the cellar, but I'm planning on saving it a while I think. Unless I run out of brett strains to play with (not likely).

It's very good. I'd say give it more time. I'll have to look at my bottle again but I think it would have been better if I'd given it more time. I have a Saison Brett 2013 that I'm going to test that theory with.

i feel compelled to mention how much i like maine beer co ever time i see one on here. FYI that bottle must be a little old, the new ones all say "freeport, me" on them. Not that its bad or anything.

It's from April, actually (both bottles I have). The stout doesn't worry me too much, but the Red does. It should still be ok.

The "Lunch" I saw was marked from "Freeport."

Anyone ever try Boulder Beer co's " a honey of a saison" ? Had it at BCTC and absolutely loved it

water since I've been neglecting it on it's own. and we got places to go & things to do after supper. xMalachi, I'm doing the same thing with the same thing. maybe I should get another bottle...

Smacking Mike's Hard at the Lake. :D
image-3569336536.jpg

Having a Founder's.
image-2254421028.jpg

My favorite hop. Mmmmotueka

Mine too. I might like Nelson better, but Motueka would be the one I chose if I could only use one hop ever again. Of course the two go great together and I'm out of both.

Back