Ohio meet up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My swmbo has a sore throat so I'm hanging out wiht the ean letting her try and sleep it off. I coerced her with promises of Bed bath and Beyond and other shopping :) I think I'm being played though because she likes beer almost as much as me. :D Thanks Mirilis!

That was fun!!!!!! Sacc, sorry you missed it, and we missed you.

due to white out conditions, the Ohio State Highway Patrol encouraged us to stay in Mansfield, so we're at a motel in Mansfield for the night. It was worth it, and my son even grudgingly admitted it was fun.

Thank you all for a great time!

Had a great time everyone. Post that pic John. We'll Shop you in Jason.
I can't believe it was 3 hours. Didn't seem that long at all until I got in the car and saw the clock! Thanks for dealing with the "I WANT TO LEAVE" noises at the end :D

Everyone still too hung over to post up some pics?

Only got one pic. Waiting for Hugh Jass to post it.

I'll post the picture when I get home this evening. had to leave early to deal with the snow this morning.

A couple of observations:
- IP has an incredibly cute and well-behaved child.
- The theory of homebrewers marrying up still stands
- Yooperbrew must be a "Yooper-poser" because she talks nothing like the people in Fargo.
- Yooper's son earned his wings yesterday

Oh, an I guess I shouldn't post "4903 - the sequel" pics right?

Seriously, that was a fast and enjoyable 3-4 hours.

You were missed OB.

Bah, I was in the area before Christmas only. It would have been fun to have beers with you guys. Maybe next time.

As I told Yooper last week in a PM...I was home for the holiday then had to head back down to south west virginia on Sunday again for work. I would have definitely met up if I was still around!

Cant wait to see a pic...hopefully catch y'all next time! Have a safe trip home Yoop!

The much anticipated photo. Sorry, no shop Jason.

DSC01944.JPG

from l to r

Mrs. Jass, me, Irregular Pulse, the cutest most well behaved baby evah, Mrs. Irregular Pulse, and the lovely Yooperbrew in the foreground.

FWIW - Brews Cafe has an outstanding beer list, both on tap and in bottle. Highly recommend a visit if you're able.

Her boy (taking pic) and Mirilis had been sitting over there :D
And yes, there beer list was with the 1.5hr drive alone. I'd like to go back sometime with a baby sitter and several hours to kill.

Her boy (taking pic) and Mirilis had been sitting over there :D
And yes, there beer list was with the 1.5hr drive alone. I'd like to go back sometime with a baby sitter and several hours to kill.

Sounds like a great place. Wish I would have been able to make it.

Sounds like a great place. Wish I would have been able to make it.

Me, too! We had a great time, but you and your SWMBO were definitely missed.

And, thanks for being the ONLY one who noticed that everyone jammed into one side and made me sit by myself. :D

Mirilis had to leave early, so he wasn't in the picture but he was wonderful. I enjoyed talking to him very much. My son was sitting with me and Mirilis but we made him take the picture. The waiter offered to take the picture so Brent could be in the picture with us, but we declined. I believe someone said, "Oh, he's not with us- he can take the picture" or something like that! Considering I wasn't very nice to him, ;), he made a wonderful DD for me!

Me, too! We had a great time, but you and your SWMBO were definitely missed.

And, thanks for being the ONLY one who noticed that everyone jammed into one side and made me sit by myself. :D

Mirilis had to leave early, so he wasn't in the picture but he was wonderful. I enjoyed talking to him very much. My son was sitting with me and Mirilis but we made him take the picture. The waiter offered to take the picture so Brent could be in the picture with us, but we declined. I believe someone said, "Oh, he's not with us- he can take the picture" or something like that! Considering I wasn't very nice to him, ;), he made a wonderful DD for me!

As a preacher faces his parishioners as he preaches to his flock, we were attentive listeners:D

and I believe the person who said "Oh, he's not with us- he can take the picture" was YOU. :D

I would have been on the other side of the frisking, drinking from the tap and hoping that I didn't spill any beer on Mrs. Hugh Jass. :D

hbtohiomeetup09.jpg

OMG THAT PIC IS HILARIOUS!!!!!

...it looks like you're giving Yoop a good goosin'...........(how was it?) :)

I will be heading to Columbus OH in about 3 hours. I will be there until sunday so if this works for people let me know.

If you aren't busy tomorrow, your welcome at my new years party tomorrow. I'm about 40 minutes south of columbus. Home Brew on tap of course.

It was nice of Mirilis to let Yoop sit on his lap for the photo.
OhioMeet.JPG

Just so you know, I showed Bob this thread last night, so he could see the picture of us at the bar. I sort of forgot about this picture, though.

When he scrolled down and saw it, he actually roared with laughter. Then, I laughed too and told him it was a photoshop. He laughed and said, "Well, it's a pretty good PS, then".

I didn't make it in the pic, but I have some of my own. I was the guy sat near the door dressed as a bearded Russian peasant woman. I started taking pics with my secret beer glass camera as soon as I saw Yoop dancing topless on the table.

Pics to follow.......

Back