The World's Largest Beer Competition August 15th, 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcat Brewmeister

Pour, Drink, Pee, Repeat
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Coming up on August 15th near Cincinnati, OH is Beer & Sweat - the world's largest beer competition (by volume). It is a keg only homebrew competition that typically has 225 to 250 corny keg entries from brewers all over the Midwest and one year, as far away as Florida. With kegs as entries, there is plenty of beer left over after the judges get their sample, so the entrants all get to taste the other entrees all night long. It is a great opportunity to get your beers judged against some great competition and at the same time, sample some great beers. Here are some pictures from 2007 to get an idea of the size of this event:

Beer & Sweat pictures - 2007

If you are even remotely near the Cincinnati area and have never been to Beer & Sweat, stop on by and experience The World's Largest Beer Competition!

I may have to try this. I just got into kegging. Do you supply all the kegging components? What is the best way to travel with beer?

The organizers supply beer line and a cobra tap. You need to supply everything else (both disconnects, gas line, and CO2) plus a way to chill your beer (most people bring coolers or tubs and they have ice there).

Best way to travel with beer? I would say with a glass nearby.

Back