First time to make real old style lemonade tonight.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EoinMag

Reaction score
I've made lemonade before that wasn't carbonated, very tart, very good stuff.
I've been looking in here at the basics of what you guys call sodas, so tonight I put on 4 litres of ginger beer, 4 litres of lemonade and 4 litres of orangeade.
I used a half pack of cider yeast I had in the fridge and also didn't use the 1.5 cups of sugar recommended by most and decided to cut it back to one cup of sugar to 2L of soda, main reason being that I want to create a healthier soda for my partner and kid.
Looking forward to this, she loves ginger beer and I think this one will be chock full of the ginger burn that she likes so much.
Brewing is great, even when I'm not trying to get buzzed, gonna throw on some beer kits tomorrow too, while I have a brew weekend going :)

All of these were done using freshly pressed juice or in the case of the ginger a few large pieces of ginger grated.

Took the ginger ale and the orangeade and put them in the fridge last night.
We tried both of them this morning, the lemonades are not ready yet, maybe the yeast is having a hard time against the high acidity, in any case, they taste super. The ginger ale was a little over carbonated so I almost had a fountain and it took a few minutes to release enough gas over the sink to be able to open it, but the flavours are fantastic.
I think I have herself onside now with the homebrew. She likes the beers, but hates the waiting and the mess in the kitchen :)
I'll have her making her own ginger ale now, great stuff, highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back