Looking for a kit/Solid Recipe for Rolling Rock Style Pale Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it. I love Rolling Rock and would love to be able to recreate it preferably with a kit. If not, with a straight forward recipe.

I'm not sure of a recipe, but that may be a tough one to duplicate. The skunked flavors from the green bottles will be hard to match, even with green bottles.

Rolling Rock is pretty much a Light American Lager. It doesn't have much if any hops character.

Shoot for a target OG of no more than 1045 using equal amounts of US 6-row and a blend of flaked rice or maize. 4 lbs 6-row and 2 lbs each rice and maize should get you there in 5 US gallons.

Bitter with a bit of Clusters; a half-ounce at 7% AA will get you ~15 IBU.

Ferment with an American lager strain like Wyeast 2035. Make sure you have the capability to properly lager. Perform a diacetyl rest before lagering for at least a month.

Filter and force-carbonate to ~3 volumes.

Light Lager is arguably one of the most difficult styles to brew well. I wish you luck!

:mug:

Bob

Back