Dry Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treshombres

Reaction score
OK, was going to transfer to secondary and wait about a week, then dry hop another 3-7 days and bottle. But put the hop sock in at the time of transfer. Is it better to let it sit dry hopping the whole 2 weeks? or take it out after 1 week?

Thanks for any advice

Treshombres

Depends on what you are making and the general consensus will say that it'll probably turn out better without the "hop sock" and you just toss em in there. Setting that aside, what is it exactly that you are brewing and how much hop aroma are you looking for?

+1...I'd wait that week, then dry hop for that last week then go to bottling.

I have had great luck about 2 weeks...seems a good time for me. It allows enough time for the hops to settle out of suspension if you don't filter when racking to your bottling bucket/keg

I have had great luck about 2 weeks...seems a good time for me. It allows enough time for the hops to settle out of suspension if you don't filter when racking to your bottling bucket/keg

Yeah, but I don't think it would be closely related to the style. Most recipes I've looked at (for two-hearted) call for .5-1oz for only 5 days.

Back