Parkbrau Perminator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borderpatrol84

Reaction score
Hello,
I spent some time in Germany but never got to try this stuff not sure if they had stopped brewing it by then or not, but a friend who was in many years before me told me of this stuff and that he wanted some. I've searched high and low for any kind of clues to put a recipe together. This is what i've come up with so far, anyone else have more insight to help?

Christmas Seasonal very strong by all reports

Style: Helles or light Bock

lager

Grains probably german pils with some munich or vienna specialties

hops; Hallertauer? maybe Mt.Hood?

I've heard claims of ABV from 6.9% to 18% I think 6.9% is the most accurate.

I'm still kinda new and not set up for all grain yet, so need to figure out an extract (w/steeping grains) way to go about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On the Bill: Irish red, experimentals of Ginger beer and Gluten Free Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout and hopefully a Pirminator!

I would just find a solid recipe for a Maibock or Helles Bock, brew it, give it to your friend and have him suggest things that are different. Cloning German beers is very difficult because there isn’t a huge variety in recipes, it comes down to subtle differences in yeast, mashing, technique etc… Good luck.

Latest posts

Back