Apfelwein with blueberries pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon O

Knapsnatchio
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
BlueApfel2.JPG

and

BlueApfel.jpg

everything in the fermentor ATM from left to right.

Apfelwein with blueberries, the over flow of the Strawberry Cabanna Mead, and Cheese's CCA
In_the_fermenter.JPG

EdWort's Apfelwein racked onto blueberries

Now I don't know the brauerei revised statutes and what they classify this as, but apfelwein with blueberries is simply an observation of the components.

Smarter people than I will chime in here...>ED! but Apfelwein is literally translated to APPLE WINE. So maybe you call your brew Heidelbeerenwein? The one I made with Peach Juice is now labeled....Pfirsichwein!

I agree that this concoction is not Apfelwein...as that is in fact a clone of a commercial product, just as using a different yeast negates the true style, the fact is that we are making some damn good hard juice drinks using ED Worts Methodology and basic Ingredients. I don't think we'll call it Apfelwein...but we'll call it good.

Did you see the stawberry mead pics big? I posted them, the stuff is looking great so far.

I was distracted by the Brewbies in the mirror....had to go look again. YUP Looks like it's going to be REALLLLLLY GOod.

Give it a few more days and it won't look very good any more....they start looking pretty nasty pretty quickly.

Back