Looking for some kegerator info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarvInSTL

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I was browsing the intarweb and found a company that sold a 10tap kegerator that was made from what appeared to be a standard upright fridge. They would install a heavy duty shelf in the middle and you could have 5 cornys on the bottom shelf and 5 cornys on the middle shelf.

If anyone has seen this before and knows who makes them that would be awesome!

And no I don't want to buy one (at least not for the $5k+ they wanted for them), I want to try and figure out what fridge they are using so I can build one of my own.

Thanks!

Do you remember the site you were looking at when you saw it? I can't seem to find it using google.

Cheers

wop31 said:
Do you remember the site you were looking at when you saw it? I can't seem to find it using google.

Cheers

Nope, I had a few too many homebrews when I found it. I couldn't find it using google either. I do remember that they offered custom kegerators covered in wood, and they even had one covered in wood from a barn door.

The search continues.

Well have the same amount of beers and start searching again:D

j/k, i will keep looking too.

Cheers

Woot! I finished a pumpkin ale and found it.

http://www.koolkeg.com/pages/Homebrew Models/other_homebrew_pictures.htm

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Friggin Sweet Dude! That is awesome! let me know when you hook that up, I am only 4 hours away from STL. See you just needed to lubricate your brain :D

Cheers

wop31 said:
Friggin Sweet Dude! That is awesome! let me know when you hook that up, I am only 4 hours away from STL. See you just needed to lubricate your brain :D

Cheers

Hehe, this will be a project for the new year. I started working on the costs and I'll have to slide this in when the SWMBO has her backed turned.

Best price on the fridge is $500 plus tax from Lowes after 10% coupon
10 forward sealing faucets-$300
10 shanks-$150
Tubing, disconnects, multiple regulator setup-$200

I've got a 23cuft chest freezer, but depth/width wise it just takes up too much room. This would be a lot more compact, then I'll go back to just using the chest freezer for temp controlled fermentation.

Thanks again for looking for me, and I'll have to have you buy a few cases of Three Floyds for me on your way down!

At first I was wondering how the heck you get 2 kegs worth of height in a fridge. It took a bit of staring at the pics to clue in to the lack of a freezer (time to turn in me thinks). :) That is sweet!

CplHunter said:
Those kegs look short for some reason...no?

My photoshop ruler says the width/height ratio is 1:2.5

If you look at the link it states that they are 5gallon. I'm going to head down to Lowes this weekend and see if I can take some internal dimensions. I emailed the company that is making these and the CO2 tank has to be on the outside. I wouldn't mind getting a little larger one and keeping the tank inside. Then I can just build a simple moving cart for it and keep it on casters.

Mmmm, wheeling 50gallons & 10 taps to anywhere I want!

Did you end up building this. This looks like an upright freezer with a temp controller. This may fit better in my basement than a chest freezer.

Back