Brewery, Bed, and Breakfast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
What do you think of such an idea? B3, a traditional Bed and Breakfast with a nano-brewery as part of the plan? I think of it as a gastro-pub with overnight accommodations. Most excellent food, upscale lodging, and extreme small-batch brew. Beer Bed and Breakfast.
:ban:

Don't care where, when do you open and how much per night? I would go out of my way to stay at a place like that when possible!

Id like a room please! That sounds like a great idea. You could drink all you want because ur sleeping there. Not to mention keg taps in the rooms straight from the fresh stuff!!!

Its a gold mine my friend!!!

Where would this be? Please say in the south near me...

Bah, I fantasized about doing this in Ireland a few years back. I would also bake my own bread, smoke my own meats, cure my own hams and make sausages. And do a gourmet fix priece menu for the general public three days a week. And in the summer host concerts on the front porch.

The owner of the homebrew shop I manage has been talking about this. He's got the same idea... country setting, nanobrewery, etc. Been trying to research the concept and costs for him. We also have a large wine clientele and he wanted to work that in as well.

I like this discussion. The place I am looking at is in Estes Park, Colorado; the B&B is struggling and appeals to an older, conservative crowd. The idea is to infuse the place with a bit more modern theme; mountain biking, hiking, skiing, hot tubs and romance under the stars kind of Boulder-friendly offering, which would include a nano brewery on site doing very extreme, limited batches that are signature. Estes Park Brewery - stepping on toes for sure - is very pedestrian and is the only competition in the area. Boring, in my opinion. Escape to the rocky mountains, have free reign on individual cabins on a 22 acre wildlife preserve, be served up exceptional food paired with outstanding craft brew.

Sounds like a very interesting twist on a B&B! You would need to check with the TTB though, as they frown upon anyone "living" in or adjacent to the brewery. Maybe if the brewery was in an outbuilding, it would make the cut.:)

I like this discussion. The place I am looking at is in Estes Park, Colorado; the B&B is struggling and appeals to an older, conservative crowd. The idea is to infuse the place with a bit more modern theme; mountain biking, hiking, skiing, hot tubs and romance under the stars kind of Boulder-friendly offering, which would include a nano brewery on site doing very extreme, limited batches that are signature. Estes Park Brewery - stepping on toes for sure - is very pedestrian and is the only competition in the area. Boring, in my opinion. Escape to the rocky mountains, have free reign on individual cabins on a 22 acre wildlife preserve, be served up exceptional food paired with outstanding craft brew.

Don't forget fishing!

There's a brewery in Winter Park isn't there? and the one in Woodland Park (which moved from Trinidad, CO) has actually lasted longer than I thought it would....

There should be a market for it...

Man, I really want to do this now. I wish I had a lot of money so I could become a partner. I could really see something like this being successful. It just works on so many levels.

Growing up in Madison, I fondly remember trips to Door County for camping/fishing... good times!

Man, I really want to do this now. I wish I had a lot of money so I could become a partner. I could really see something like this being successful. It just works on so many levels.

I get that... me, I have put my little nest egg into a new Denver start-up, Renegade Brewing, but as a mostly silent investor (they have hired a great brewer). This one, I would revamp the image, brew, and grow the business.

I pitch the idea to the inn owners today at noon, wish me luck!
:mug:

Subscribed! I love Estes Park and the Idea! Damn!
I wish I had some extra money to invest too!

Ironically enough, I was at a small winery in PA a couple weeks ago, and the idea of a B&B/Winery came up. The thinking is that one could help drive revenue for the other. The concept seems to work better in my mind with a winery (broader appeal), although I'd certainly go for the "Bed & Brew" myself.

Ironically enough, I was at a small winery in PA a couple weeks ago, and the idea of a B&B/Winery came up. The thinking is that one could help drive revenue for the other. The concept seems to work better in my mind with a winery (broader appeal), although I'd certainly go for the "Bed & Brew" myself.

Agree; a great concept, B&B located at a working winery. Do it!

Colorado is coming along nicely with wineries, though the craft beer scene here is simply exploding. Since my experience with wine is limited - Edwort's Apfelwein aside - brew is where I will focus, but in very small, intense batches to match the level of appointment at the B&B. Barley wines, imperials, doubles and tripels, Belgians, etc...

Honestly it sounds a lot like the old Inn's you'd see if movies or books. Like the Inn that is in Treasure Island at the beginning. I think its an amazing idea and would love to come visit when its done!

sounds like my kind of getaway. start a chain, and plant one in my area.

There is a place in upstate NY that does this... they even offer brewing lessons as prt of your stay.

Also, Rogue has a bed and beer in Newport... I actually stayed there once - good times.

Back