New Years Resolutions v. 2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
Alrighty everyone, let's have at it.

What is your resolution for the year 2008?

I have a few this year, the most important, #1 save money, #2 buy a house, #3 figure out a way to save money after we buy a house :D

I stopped the "lose weight" resolution years ago, with 1 child and 1 on the way plus buying a new house... I doubt i'll be able to eat like i do now, plus this year is my year to travel for work, so i'm sure the constant traveling will take it's toll on me.

1. Spend more time with my kids
2. Bike at least 1500 miles this year.
3. Brew more beer and apfelwine!

After thinking about it I would like to:

Finish my graduate studies strong (been kinda slacking off)
Play more golf
Be less stresses out about the little things
Lose weight
Start to actually brew my own beer
Save some $$

Mine are pretty typical. Exercise more, eat better, try to be a better husband and father.

As for brewing resolutions - get a BarleyCrusher, buy bulk grain, brew 40+ batches this year, brew at least 15 different styles, brew 5 styles that I've never done before.

1. Drink natural drinks only (no coke, sugary drinks, mostly anything I cant make myself)
2. Take a multi vitamin everyday.
3. Brush my dog every other day... god he sheds so much!

1. Be a better father and husband (not that I'm a bad one, but there is always room to improve)
2. Be better with my money / Save money / Pay of some bills
3. Hit the gym more often / Lose weight
4. Play my bass more
5. Brew more, Go AG
6. Be more productive (generally)

1. Pay off credit cards.
2. Stress less or find a different job.
3. Get my weight in check.
4. Brew my full 200 gal legal allotment in '08!
5. Get my ugly junk in check. New kettle & burner, especially.
6. More fermenters!

Track all brewing purchases in excel and in 12 months determine my cost per bottle.

Everyone should try this one even if just for ****s and giggles. Some of you may need to hide the file from you SWMBOs.

1. Take better care of myself (go from 0 to at least 2 hrs of cardio a week)
2. Loose some weight, eat better
3. Be a better husband/father (like previous posters said, there's always room to improve)
4. Be thankful for everything, since you never know what tomorrow may bring
5. Brew at least once a month

The basic ones for me.

1) Be a better person (husband, father)
2) Lose weight
3) Brew more often, I'm will go AG after tax returns (DME for the 8-8-8 brew is quadruple the price of 2 row).
4) Keg, even if i start with a couple of picnic taps shoved in a refrigerator in the garage.

Back