chimay triple clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOMEBREWZ

Reaction score
anyone got a chimay triple clone recipe that matches the original? ive tired my hand at making a clone from scratch and its always close but seems to be missing something. i do a PM BTW, this is one of my fav beers but its like 6 bucks a bottle here so i figured id try to make it, maybe i should try to make a starter from a bottle of chimay.

I'm a big Chimay tripel fan as well.

http://hopville.com/recipe/688429/belgian-tripel-recipes/white-label#

This was my first attempt to make a similar beer. I used wyeast 1214 but next time I will probably culture. I've read some stuff to suggest that 1214 and WLP500 may not be as close to chimay yeast as it once was. My recipe came out a touch darker than I had hoped, and I may cut the caravienne a bit next time. Otherwise I would brew this pretty much the same. I haven't opened one of the 750 ml bottles that I carbed to about 4 volumes, but the regular 12 oz bottles carbed to 3 vols are pretty damn good.

Back