Quick and Easy Chicken (With Beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedigitale

Reaction score
I tend not to measure anything when I cook, but this is a pretty simple meal and you can adjust to taste.

Total prep time: 2-5 minutes
Total cook time: 20 minutes

1.5 lbs chicken breasts (slice thinly or butterfly)
6-8 ounces beer (I used Abita Turbodog, but any good beer will work. Robust flavors will do better than lighter flavored beers)
Chives (preferably fresh)
Cayenne Pepper
Paprika
Kosher Salt
Pepper
Ground Cinnamon

In a skillet or sautee pan, simmer add all of the ingredients but the chicken. Try to get a good balance of cayenne pepper and cinnamon, usually 1:1 will work, but if you like sweeter foods go slightly heavier on the cinnamon and for spicier go heavier on the cayenne.

Grill your chicken until cooked all the way through. A stovetop grillpan works great, but an electric grill or BBQ qould work just as well.

Remove the chicken from the grill and put it in the pan with the beer mixture. The pan should be shallow enough that the chicken is just covered (add beer if needed). Turn up the heat to a high flame and let the liquid in the pan quickly boil down.

Once the liquid has boiled down, your chicken should have a color tint from the beer and your kitchen should smell amazing.

Garnish with a pinch of ground paprika on top and a sprinkle of fresh chives. Serve with the same beer you cooked with and sides that compliment the chicken and beer.(i.e Fresh green beans and lightly seasoned rice)

Made it last night and was hungry, but I'll try to get some pics next time.

Tonight's menu is a beer braised pork sandwich in a panini pressed baguette topped with gruyere cheese and onions served with sweet potato chips.

If it turns out well I'll get some pics and post the recipe.

I've decided to work on some new recipies and pairings and so I'll post as I go.

Back