What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIZZLE said:
Good then you should like the Dreadnought I'll be sending ;-)

Oh, I'll enjoy every last bit of it. This is all I had of it.

image-4046180931.jpg

I think it was the first one.

NIZZLE said:
Nice! I can't wait to make it back to the brewery.

It's pretty cool. I didn't get to do the tour, but I'm kinda over tours now. I just care about the beer. :D
By the way, I got kinda busy, but I haven't forgotten about the small package of goodies I was going to send you. (more ketchup, yeast balls, etc.) I'll let you know when I get it sent out.

I've never brewed a Dopplebock.
I'd like to brew something like Celebrator.

It's been a hot minute since I had Celebrator, but I remember it being delicious. Mine is just a simple grain bill of 55% Vienna, 45% Munich that I chose based on the style guidelines and what I had available.

Nice! It's on the list, but I need a bigger flask for a lager starter. What yeast are you going with?

I'm using Saflager S-23. No starter necessary, though this will be the first time I re-hydrate dry yeast. I usually just sprinkle the dry yeast on top of my wort, but I want to get the most out of it, hence the re-hydration.

We finished out our trip into Pittsburgh with a little Furry watching. They weren't out in full dress because it was so damn hot. But I did see these furrys.

image-644634246.jpg

After that I made the compulsory trip to the beer store and got some stuff for some trades! They were crazy picked over. But I got a few things anyway.

image-291540510.jpg

Also in my treks up and dahn Penn Ave, we went in the Pennsylvania Macaroni Co. and came across this!

image-478088377.jpg

Didn't even know this existed! At $12.50 a wheel, I wasn't that interested though. Maybe next time.

It's pretty cool. I didn't get to do the tour, but I'm kinda over tours now. I just care about the beer. :D
By the way, I got kinda busy, but I haven't forgotten about the small package of goodies I was going to send you. (more ketchup, yeast balls, etc.) I'll let you know when I get it sent out.

Ok sweet man I can't wait. Oh could you pm you address again sir ;-)

tyzippers said:
We finished out our trip into Pittsburgh with a little Furry watching. They weren't out in full dress because it was so damn hot. But I did see these furrys.

After that I made the compulsory trip to the beer store and got some stuff for some trades! They were crazy picked over. But I got a few things anyway.

Also in my treks up and dahn Penn Ave, we went in the Pennsylvania Macaroni Co. and came across this!

Didn't even know this existed! At $12.50 a wheel, I wasn't that interested though. Maybe next time.

Are you waiting for somebody to ask for an explanation of furries?

Ok, so wtf is a furry?

I'm not even sure I know what a furry is exactly, but I actually thought others might know about them! Every year they have their annual conference in Pittsburgh. I don't know how many, probably a few thousand, come to the conference and they all dress up like animals...mostly cats and dogs. A few actually do this in their everyday life apparently. It's really weird. Some go all out and dress in full costume. But today was so hot word is they would be out later in the evening. Just weird. People actually visit the city just to watch the weirdness!

nukebrewer said:
It's been a hot minute since I had Celebrator, but I remember it being delicious. Mine is just a simple grain bill of 55% Vienna, 45% Munich that I chose based on the style guidelines and what I had available.

I'm using Saflager S-23. No starter necessary, though this will be the first time I re-hydrate dry yeast. I usually just sprinkle the dry yeast on top of my wort, but I want to get the most out of it, hence the re-hydration.

I like the roastiness in Celebrator.

Is this your first time using that yeast? I've always used WL for both lager and ale yeast, but recently I've been won over by US05. So next time I make a lager, I thought about checking out dry options.

I like the roastiness in Celebrator.

Is this your first time using that yeast? I've always used WL for both lager and ale yeast, but recently I've been won over by US05. So next time I make a lager, I thought about checking out dry options.

No, I used it the last time I brewed a lager around this time last year. Ferments really well and cleans up well with a D-rest. US-05 is a great all-purpose yeast and I use it or S-04 for all my ales. The exception being an IPA that's currently fermenting with Workhorse from Mangrove Jack's. So far so good, but I'm going to wait until bottling and conditioning to give a final verdict.

A quart mug of this fresh Skeeter Pee. Then to the bottle shop and run some errands. And yes at 10.45% swmbo is driving :drunk:

ForumRunner_20130706_144620.jpg

wyobrewer1 said:
The Colette

I liked it a lot. I've been trying to find a decent, less expensive saison that I can buy, instead of paying $9-$13 for a 750.

No picture but I have been drinking No Labels, Hop De Monkey Belgian IPA at the Alamo Draft house.

The experimental sour is also pretty interesting. 100% barrel aged, very light, not overly sour. I think that's the fiance's favorite so far.

Last of my Sly Fox Helles.

Wife is making me go be social now, when all I want is to stay home and prep for tomorrow's brew day.

Having the last bottle of my Red Blooded 'Merican Red Ale. It's good thing, too, since this is really showing its age. It was good while it lasted, though.

20130706_160100.jpg

Back