Ebay find (aka have you seen this?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerocd

Reaction score
It will end up out of my price range - so I'll share. This guy made a brew system where the conical fermenter is also his HLT, BK and Fermenter. Custom made burners to flame the cone, ferm temp controllers, and a march pump for the mash kettle. You need to click on view sellers other items to kinda piece it all together in your head. But it's pretty cool looking.

24 gal. Conical Fermenter SS w/ Tri Clover 1-1/2" fit. - eBay (item 120363774263 end time Jan-21-09 15:48:14 PST)

-OCD

This guy lives very close to me. I wonder if I could go down there and check this stuff out in person.

I emailed the guy - he won't give up too much info other than what you can figure out yourself from the pictures. Claims he's in the process of getting patents for that setup. I just thought it was pretty cool and I've never seen an all in one conical brewery.

-OCD

I really like the fermenter as HLT idea. I'm not too stoked by the conical boil kettle idea. It would save a lot of sanitation worries, but I'm weirded out by boiling in the cone.

I just don't get the idea of breaking it all into separate auctions. I mean, if you win the conical and want to use it like he has, you need to win the burner too. Very odd.

Back