Naked City Taphouse Grand Opening!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just awesome! Congratulations on making this a reality. Hopefully I will be out there within the next year and I will for sure come by.

Sweet. Now to plan when I'm going to be there.

What time on the 22nd?

Congrats! And a wed is a good day so you can work out the kinks for the mad rush weekend coming up.

Awesome to hear Brewtopia. I guess you are specializing in Belgian beers? From the site all the labels on the bottom were Belgian or barleywine. I have a guy from my town going up to Seattle and I am going to send him in now that you know you will be open. He's headed up next month, so this will be cool and I will get to hear all about it. I am really happy for you and it just drives me even more to open my own here in Okieland, after all we only have 3-4 here.

HWMO and I drove by the other night, the sign looks great! We are stoked because we live nearby. We will be there for sure!

We need a live naked city cam as this is epic for HBT! :rockin:

Darn it - just saw Ed's post :eek:

This one could be dicey for me as I believe it's the same night as the all important Cub Scout den meeting, which tends to tie me up a bit. If I can manuvuer away both from SWMBO and duck out of the Scouts a bit (all I do is stand there and wait anyhow) then, oh yeah, I'ma wanna be there.

I AM SO THERE !!!!!
That is awesome dude.
I will have to take it a little easy, as I have meetings the next day with my boss, his boss, and his bosses boss, the top two flying in for a single day of meetings... top two guys in the entire enterprise for our department *yeesh*

so will there be an HBT area? do you have room for that?

Glad to see you have an opening date. I really wish i could be there. Good luck and I will be shure to stop in if I ever make it that way.

I'll just wear my Naked City brewhouse t-shirt instead since flying across the country is too much for me right now.

If anyone doesn't have one of these - they are awesome!!!!

Bummer I can´t make it. But Naked City will be first on the list as soon as I get back to Seattle.

Congrats Brewtopia! (If I haven´t said that before.)

Congratulations! Here's to your dream becoming great success! :mug:
And, being my birthday, I think the 22nd is an excellent day for a grand opening!

Chris

I don't have the complete list in front of me, but for the opening, we'll be focusing on Washington beers. Boundary Bay is putting together a special dry hopped keg of their IPA for us. Some of the other beers that we'll have in house are

Chuckanut Organic Amber
Silver City Hefe, IPA, Stout
Big Time Porter
Two Beers IPA
Lazy Boy Imperial IPA
Big Al Abbey Wheat
Elysian Avatar Jasmine IPA
Boundary Bay Scotch Ale
Laughing Buddha Pandan Brown
Baron Schwartzbier

Trying to get kegs of Hales Le Tour de Burke Sour and Flyers Sick Duck.

Other kegs that we should have in house are

Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye
Russian River Pliny the Elder
St Bernardus ABT 12
La Chouffe
New Belgium Eric's Ale
Southern Tier Hoppe EPA
Ninkasi Tricerahops

I'll know more when I meet with some more of the self distributed breweries next week to see what I can get.

Two Beers... cool. I purchased a few carboys from Joel at Two Beers when he was just getting started, and was upgrading to conicals. I have not tried his IPA, but he gave me a sample of his porter, and it was awesome.

oops. Just read that part in the construction thread....
Well your lineup is pretty impressive BT! That picture of the 24 Perlicks all in a row is blinding. I feel as if I should look away every tie I see it.:D

I am so excited to see the place! The lineup sounds great. What time are others planning on showing up on Wednesday?

Myself and my partner will be there wearing our Cask Beer Festival tshirts, mine orange and my partner's is gray.

A Wednesday, eh...? I feel a sick-day coming up. Know what time you're going to open up the doors? :)

Congrats, Don. You have a great looking place and I can't wait to sit at YOUR bar and have a pint or four.

I can get out of work pretty early that day...
so for me, i guess it will depend on what time they are planning on opening the doors, and what time others are going to get there

I won't be in Seattle until December, but Naked is on my 'must see' list while I'm there. I'll bug you for a tour sometime around then.

Back