Is it worth IT?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksig88

Reaction score
Fairly new homebrewer but i love to enjoy microbrews while my brew is still in the fermentation/bottling stage. I found this kegerator on craigslist and I was wondering what you guys think. I was going to build my own but cost of fridge and parts, i thought this might be a cheaper approach... in the future i definately want to convert this to a dual tap and use it for my homebrew...Thanks

http://prescott.craigslist.org/for/2163903190.html

Hmm, there are pros and cons to this setup.

Cons - the kegerator is set up for a commercial tap. Most homebrewers use old Soda kegs, which use different fittings. You would have to buy the correct fittings for Corny kegs and install them. I'd also run new lines. Who knows how bad they are. Not sure how big that fridge is, but fitting 2 corny kegs MIGHT be a tight fit. Looks like you might be dealing with the compressor hump in the back of the fridge too. That guy got around it with the rack and short commercial kegs. You might not be so lucky with cornies.

Pros - Hole is already drilled for the tower. Thats a pretty big plus. It already has 1 tap and would probably be pretty easy to install a second one.

Go for it. That thing will fit at least two cornies, if not three, and changing out the fittings is easy, as is running new lines. And the tower can be converted to hold up to three taps.

Back