Keg questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quackkills

Reaction score
Many moons ago I purchased a full keg from a mirco brew and after many moves and life events, I discovered it in the back of my shed a few days ago(empty and dusty of course). It is fitted with a bung half way up the side of it.
I am looking for input on weither or not this vessel could be used for storage of my homebrew. I already have the keggataor set up with CO2 so that is not an issue but was curious where a guy could get more bungs to replace the one that is in there and if there were any problems with following this mindset!!! Was trying to find an alternative to corniuols kegs!! Thanks in advance!!

quackkills

That keg belongs to the brewery. I would take it back for your deposit and use corny kegs. They are cheaper and easier to clean.

As it sits now, its been probably close to 10 years since I bought the keg and the micro that it came from now is closed (let alone was in another state) so I doubt that getting back my deposit is much of an option. Thanks for the quick responses!!!!

after extensive gooling (because i was curious) I cannot find a replacement bung for that style of keg....

ya me either....thats what led me to ask the question here....it made me scratch my head as well!!

Back