Couple of questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, basically i am wondering a couple of things:
i have a mash tun :) and need to seal it due to it leaking (only water just a wet run) so i was wondering what type of sealant do i need to look for?

And my next question is a bit more tricky: Say you brewed some beer about 7/8 years ago and then i was left outside for that 7/8 years would it be safe to drink? Its just i happen to have about 16 bottles of my uncle's homebrew sat outside at my grandparents and it is sacrilege to throw away beer.

Cheers guys!

Sealant depends on what the tun is made of.

The only way to know is open the beer. If it is infected or skunked, it will be obvious.

What kind of mash tun and where is it leaking?
The old beer is probably way bad if it has been outside for years. I would say, open one and try it if you dare.
mark
Beer Diary...

Well i finally got round to opening a bottle didn't dare drinking it smelt off so i just poured it away and lets just say the only good thing about it is that it has kept its carbonation :) so later on today i will pour away the rest of it. Which as a result will mean i will have approximately 25 50cl bottles.

O hand the mash tun is plastic cannot possibley tell you what type though sorry :(

Once again many thanks.

Back