This blows!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
Ok, so my cousin moved out yesterday (going to Colorado for school) and we divided up the brewing equipment. Now we both invested quite a bit into the equipment but he supplied far more than me, so therefore he took his share.

Not only did i lose my brewing partner but i lost all this too....

Keggle
Burner & Propane
Hydrometer
Capper
Thermometer for keggle (maybe set it up for a thrumometer)
Auto-Siphon
Wine Thief
Bottling Bucket

Now, i could still do extract batches and just buy the small stuff, but i really don't like it now that i've done All Grain...

I did get left the MLT, Fridge, Tubing, Wort Chiller, and 2 carboys (and 2 HDPE containers for fridge). But man those little things sure do add up... Doing a quick add up of the small essentials i came to $62 (not adding S&H or Tax), not bad, but added with the $45 for the burner and the $55 or more for the keggle... Man, it sucks not having a job. At least i have two batches in secondary right now so it'll give me some time...

I'm doing 5 gallon AG batches in the Bayou Classic turkey fryer. Yes, it's only about a 5.5 gallon pot, but it'll get you going. It comes with a burner for about $50. That will tide you over for awhile until you can afford the keggle.

Damn Squirrels said:
I'm doing 5 gallon AG batches in the Bayou Classic turkey fryer. Yes, it's only about a 5.5 gallon pot, but it'll get you going. It comes with a burner for about $50. That will tide you over for awhile until you can afford the keggle.

Yeah the burner i'm looking at is the 150,000 BTU bayou classic, HD has them for $45 stand alone and i think the kit is about $65 at HD here. I could do that... I could do partial boils (BOOO!) but i should be able to get a keg relatively easy if i go to the same place we did last time.

I'm not too worried, i'm not still so addicted that i have withdrawals if i don't brew every weekend...

(Shh don't tell him but we still have a 35 lbs of grain credit at the LHBS too....)

Back