Tettnang Hops for Hefe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotched

Reaction score
I'm doing two similar Bavarian Hefeweizen recipes, the only difference being the hops and yeast used.

[Currently fermenting] (ver.1): Hallertau .75oz@45mins/.25oz@15mins + SafbrewS33 :eek:

[brewing tomorrow] (ver.2): Tettnang 4%AA + WLP300

Should I keep the hop amounts/time the same? My LHBS (Eagle Rock HB) recommended that I should use less but I didn't ask him about how much less, or if I should change the "add times".

What do you think?

Considering your process is like +-10 and perception is +-5 I wouldn't spilt hairs over the formula. Not to mention the accuracy of AA #'s from retailer's being highly suspect. Taste the first one and use that as a guideline.

I'm doing two similar Bavarian Hefeweizen recipes, the only difference being the hops and yeast used.

[Currently fermenting] (ver.1): Hallertau .75oz@45mins/.25oz@15mins + SafbrewS33 :eek:

[brewing tomorrow] (ver.2): Tettnang 4%AA + WLP300

Should I keep the hop amounts/time the same? My LHBS (Eagle Rock HB) recommended that I should use less but I didn't ask him about how much less, or if I should change the "add times".

What do you think?

Your yeast selection is going to affect your hefe more than the hops you used. Hefes are one of the few styles where the liquid strains make a world of difference over the dry versions.

Yep, if you use the same yeast strain, I highly doubt youll notice any difference between the two hops.

Back