Strange thing(s) you've eaten in the last 72 hours

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Just finished a bowl of pumpkin custard topped with small curd cottage cheese. I rarely have ice cream around.

Jambalaya for dinner last night, same for lunch today. Dinner so far has been Trader Joe's Spinach Artichoke dip with "chicken in a biscuit" crackers and a bottle of really weak 2 year old peach mead.

Rolled some of my own sushi for lunch today. Ahi tuna rolls, california rolls, and philly rolls. Now my office smells like soy, fish and wasabi.

Grilled cheese (cheddar) sandwich and cottage cheese with mandarin oranges.

where to start.....sat eve for the fight I had a bowl of stewed goat, some curried shrimp heads, and a nice wok seared batch of pork skin with onion and jalapenos, and a few other dishes that I could not pronounce and did not know what was in them, gotta love Filipino cooking! actually all the food was amazing, and a great fight too!

Cuban pizza - mustard, ham, pulled pork, pickles, mozzarella
Whoa! That sounds good. The cubano is tied with the muffaletta as the greatest sandwich in existence, but I wouldn't have thought to make a cubano pizza.

Dinner, though not all that exotic much less strange, was chicken-pesto panini with bacon* on homemade ciabatta rolls. Does homemade coriander bologna count as strange? In most circles it probably does, though here, where washing it down with my own house-brewed beer is perfectly normal, it probably isn't.

Chad
* I cured and smoked the bacon, too.

Bo thai chanh - a Vietnamese dish that roughly translates to "Raw flank steak"

It's sliced super thin, and served in a lime & onion mixture with some spices. Quite excellent.

Ohh PLz... azcoob invite me to dinner next time! Goat, shrimp heads, crawfish ass its all goood. I've been missing the real food that most have never tried.

you will honestly get a PM next time there is a get together, if the Pacquiao vs. Merriweather fight actually happens you bet your ass there will be great food to be had, I love crawfish but they are just too hard to get here, I could eat a bowl of mudbugs for breakfast! cost of admission to the fight, a couple growlers of good homebrew!

I've eaten some strange things, but not in the last 72 hours. I suddenly feel the need to go find something weird to eat, just so I get to play. :D

Lol, Last time I had crawfish was when I gave up catching trout at Woods canyon lake. Well I ate good, some of the other fellas ate chefboyardee. :D
I would love to join you next time. I'm not a big fight fan but I can make just as much noise as the guy next to me, and am willing to pay my way.

Bo thai chanh - a Vietnamese dish that roughly translates to "Raw flank steak"

It's sliced super thin, and served in a lime & onion mixture with some spices. Quite excellent.

very similar to Carpaccio! one of my all time favorite dishes, its my first meal off the plane in Vegas, a restaurant in Caesars Palace has an excellent version with olive oil, shaved romano, and capers.

Chicken with a spinach alfredo sauce served over pasta.

Not unusual except I made the alfredo with leftover milk gravy from the breakfast service. My staff never realized what hit them.... The potato salad was from last nights mashed taters too!

:fro:

mmmmmmm muffaletta. Unattainable up here in the Northeast. I only get it when I get down to New Orleans. A pub about a half hour from me had it on their menu. They were sorely mistaken.

Unfortunately, nothing odd in the last 72 hours. Well. I did have a steak at the pub the other night. I haven't ordered a steak in about 2 years. So I guess that's odd.

Cold pinto beans out of the can, with a little BBQ sauce, on crackers, washed down with orange soda. I kept telling myself it was really sushi & Watney's cream stout, but my tastebuds weren't buying it.

Whoa! That sounds good. The cubano is tied with the muffaletta as the greatest sandwich in existence, but I wouldn't have thought to make a cubano pizza.

Muffaletta is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.

Let's see... I make a fair bit of ethnic food.
Last night was palak paneer- Indian spinach curry with fried cheese. Garlic naan on the side.
Night before last was homemade linguine with smoked turkey, feta, swiss chard and olives. SWMBO also made bread from my spent grain.
Night before that was kasseler rippchen - German smoked cured pork chop with sauerkraut and onions.

Me and the pup have been hitting the porter spent grain dog biscuits pretty hard lately. SWMBO thinks I've lost it.

Page 4 and no one said anything about anyone's wife/sister/mom/girlfriend/daughter/redhead. I am speechless.

I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or I need therapy.

Not that strange, but unique... had some of the best damn espresso I have ever tasted, at some small Cuban restaurant in Miami... WOW:rockin:

Page 4 and no one said anything about anyone's wife/sister/mom/girlfriend/daughter/redhead. I am speechless.

I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or I need therapy.

Well, the thread is "Strange things you've eaten in the last 72 hours".

really cheap non Kosher hot dog. You will find anything and everything in one of them if its on a cow its in there and sometimes other things ...

Back