The Bears are keeping lovie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaner

Reaction score
It's official, another year of terrible football is ahead of us. I knew they wouldn't get rid of him because they owe him so much money, but I still had my hopes up. Then again it's not like bringing a new coach in is going to change things that much as long as angelo and the mccaskeys are still there..... at least we have the Blackhawks.

UPDATE: Ron Turner is out the door, at least that helps give a little hope even though the OC is getting most of his calls from the head coach.

Did Lovie throw 26 picks this year?

No, he didn't throw 27 touchdown passes either. He did however ignore his quarterback when Cutler said that Devin Aromashodu should be a starting reciever (he has been saying that since the beginning of the season). He did take the most dangerous special teams player in the history of the league and not only ruin him, but pay him so much money that no other team would even think about trading for him. He did fire his defensive coordinator after the defense was the only thing that got the bears to the super bowl.. only to bring in one of his cronies who failed miserably. HE (more than angelo) is the one who pushed for the Gaine Adams trade... that worked out well. He decided to make all of the defensive play calling this season, which lead to the worst bears blow-out in nearly a decade. He fired Rob Boras, and the tight ends are the only ones who knew what they were doing on the field. He has watched more talent walk out the door than any other coach in the league. Come to think about it the only positive thing that I can think of what will have happened during the lovie smith era is that they landed a quarterback who they could build a team around. It'd be hard for Brady or Manning not to throw picks when their WRs aren't smart enough to learn their play-routes, when the opposing team scores on each and every drive so you're constantly playing from behind and are have no choice but to force passes, and when they spend half of their time laying on their backs because the O-Line couldn't stop a charging girl scout.

"Rex is our quarterback."
"We'll have to look at the tapes on Monday to see what we did wrong."

Any other questions?

We got mo fuggin Shanahan!!!!!!!!!!1111

Wow, that'll be nice. That was who I was hoping the Bears would have picked up if they decided to pull the trigger on lovie. ESPN says the skins are negotiating a contract with Shanahan right now, so it's pretty much a done deal.

All I gotta say is... My cowboys are taking it this year. The bears are my number 2 team though. Lovie is a baller, Ron Turner was the one that was sucking it.

Latest posts

Back