morebeer.com all grain kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nchomebrew

Reaction score
anyone buy all grain kits from morebeer.com?
they show free shipping. sweet. and i'm all the way over here in north carolina. i'm just starting to get into all grain, and want to keep my costs down.

Just compare the pricing for the kit against Austin Home Brew. Most likely the shipping is built into the price.

Morebeer has free shipping if the order is $60.00 or more. Their kits are fine but I would be worried about shipping liquid yeast in the summer from one coast to the other.

I've gotten a couple of them, though i never order the liquid yeast. I've either used the dry yeast or get liquid from my lhbs. Blender is right, shipping is only free if the order is %60 or more, so you have to order other stuff as well.

Don't forget to check out Midwest and Northern brewer as well, all these company's have fine kits. Better yet start building your own or get a good book Like Jamils.

I've ordered twice from MoreBeer and been pleased, thought I've never ordered an all-grain kit. I usually order a couple of batches worth of ingredients at the time to get my $60 worth.

I'm in NC as well and oddly enough, I've done the math and the trip to my nearest LHBS option and back costs me more in gas than the flat rate shipping from Austin Homebrew Supply, and certainly more than FREE!

Happy Brewing!

I have used MoreBeer, and I am from NY and just had liquid yeast sent. Love the free shipping and the yeast survived the trip. I cannot comment on any of their own recipe kits as I have just ordered the ingredients I needed. Their prices are very good (esp. on hops) compared to the only other online supplier I used which was AHB.

One thing I would advise is that I have never had good efficiency (65-68%) with their crush. So you may want to factor this in with some additional dry LME or just some extra 2-row.

One thing i'll add about the morebeer kits is the instructions kinda suck. If you don't have beersmith, promash, etc. you're basically **** outa luck. i dug up the "instructions" that came with one of the all grain kits I bought from them awhile back and it was a hop schedule and then basically "plug this malt bill into promash and figure it out..." which is fine if you have one of those programs, but if you don't you'll probably have a difficult time hitting temps, etc.

I always thought the fun thing about limited instructions is you get to kind of make the beer from the kit a bit more your own. Quite a few all-grain brewing kits have minimal instructions.

I've not ordered any kits from Morebeer, but I've ordered hundreds of dollars of equipment from them. Kettles, burners, valves, kegs, chillers, gallon-sized pyrex flasks for lager starters, and I've also ordered large quantites of hops I use frequently -- everything comes well packaged and their customer service is great. I ordered a Ranco controller from them with the stopper thermowell. When it arrived the Ranco temp probe didn't fit into the thermowell. I was pissed. Morebeer not only answers the phone, but they had a solution for the problem that worked. Turns out the wax on the end of the temp probe is sometimes too thick for the thermowell and if you just sand it down a little it fits fine.

Just one example of how they get it right.

I get all of my ingredients from them, and have ordered dozens of kits in the past. Yes, their crush is a little less than desireable, but it's not terrible. I'm a big fan of MoreBeer!

I get most of my ingredients from some local shops here in Colorado, but I have been ordering lately from a new online delivery supplier Barley Haven.com They too have been very helpful. They don't charge extra for having your grain milled like some websites do, and their kits appear to be limited release/seasonal and change. Once their equipment selection expands I plan on ordering a mash tun, because their prices are really good.

What a zombie thread.
Highalt3000 you are an evil wizard able to call forth the undead 

Back