State of the Union

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brauhaus

Reaction score
man we have some ugly politicians. :D

i love the isolations on the non-clapping democrats that seem to study each of Bush's words...

too bad i'm not drinking tonight....

I started recording it so I could skip the clapping, ovations, and any topics that drone on for longer than my 5 year old with ADD attention span.

7 years in office and Bush's public speaking skills still have not improved.

I acutally thought he was better then usual.

What I don't get is how you start by saying, "Don't spend money." Then take the next hour saying, "Spend money."

adx said:
I acutally thought he was better then usual.

What I don't get is how you start by saying, "Don't spend money." Then take the next hour saying, "Spend money."

It's pretty darn easy when you have absolutely NO CLUE what you're saying, doing, thinking..... ha I just said GB thinks... I must be drunk.

Jumbo82 said:
7 years in office and Bush's public speaking skills still have not improved.

We once tried the "good public speaker" and Rhodes Scholar but he was convicted for lying to a grand jury and was impeached. I'll take the poor public speaker, thanks.

skinfiddler said:
We once tried the "good public speaker" and Rhodes Scholar but he was convicted for lying to a grand jury and was impeached. I'll take the poor public speaker, thanks.

Lying about sex versus lying about a war... I'll take the sex, thanks

I lost interest a long time ago. We've had nothing but idiots in Washington since Reagan.

skinfiddler said:
Really? I mean really? You would take a less intelligent leader over someone far better for the job because he likes to get blown?
Prost to blow jobs at work!

Jumbo82 said:
Lying about sex versus lying about a war... I'll take the sex, thanks

Agreed. I'm not a Bill Clinton fan, but he was competent. The economy was doing well, the budget was balanced, and there wasn't any huge conflicts.

In my humble opinion, Clinton bowed too much to big business just like the GOP does. By allowing the media to further deregulate, NAFTA to pass, and the healthcare industry to advertise their wares, he caused a bit of damage to this country.

Instead of correcting these problems, Bush accelerated them. He added a mismanaged war, out of control spending, and created a police state to boot.

I'm not a fan of either side. I just wish we could get beyond the petty BS and focus on the real issues and who will be the best president for this country. By real issues I don't mean BJs, who would be the best person to have a beer with, who is the best looking, or who is the most religious.

Sigh. Maybe this grand experiment, which is the USA is not meant to last. There is far too much corruption and very little will to change things.

Usually, I stay out of political threads. I find that political discussions on internet forums usually disintegrate pretty quickly into name-calling and mud-slinging.

But I saw something recently that might just apply here, given njnear's post:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/iacocca.asp

I think he's on the money. They've all sold us down the road. Even those who have good ideals and are good people find that when they get elected they will either have to play the game or sit castrated for their 4 years before going home.

It's all about lobbyists at this point.

Bedlam said:
It's all about lobbyists at this point.
The Iacocca editorial is a great read. Thanks for linking it. If things do get better it will be because of people like him who have the guts to discuss such things.

My wife tells me to stop being angry about this kind of stuff. I believe that if you are not angry about it, then things will never change.

Most people worry about offending someone else when they talk about politics. In my opinion we might be doing more damage by never talking about it.

Swmbo and I watched this last night. We drank every time Bush said one of four words: Iraq, Terror, Freedom, and Empower.

We were drunk when we went to bed.

njnear76 said:
Instead of correcting these problems, Bush accelerated them. He added a mismanaged war, out of control spending, and created a police state to boot.

created a police state ? get a grip

Bush hasn't used deadly force on US citizens, unlike Clinton's jack booted lesbian stormtrooper Janet Reno did.

maybe not a police state like 1930's style, but when your put on a terrorist watch list for disagreeing with the govt, well...

z987k said:
maybe not a police state like 1930's style, but when your put on a terrorist watch list for disagreeing with the govt, well...

Who has that happened to?

wasn't lee the ceo of ford motor corp when they decided it would be cheaper to pay off lawsuits, instead of recall the pinto?

edit: ibtl!!!! ;)

skinfiddler said:

Consensual sex between two adults vs. Lying to an entire country about a war and about a dozen other things, while digging us into an enormous hole?

I'll take Bill...

Greg

pleases do not compare President Clinton and President Bush. They are not even comparable. Clinton was/is a coward, and was an embarrassment to this country.

<<< Trying my best to stay civil and not go off on some of the stupid comments in this thread.:mad:

Greggy said:
Consensual sex between two adults vs. Lying to an entire country about a war and about a dozen other things, while digging us into an enormous hole?

I'll take Bill...

Greg

i doubt that anyone lied to us about going into war. hell sadam himself said he was keeping up the charade of having evrything we thought he had. apart from that yea i think the war was mismanaged but not because of bush specifically. i believe it was because of the political times we live in. we could easily win this war in a week. but would any of you accept what would need to be done. i doubt it.
just my two cents.
oh and what Clinton did was wrong. should we have gone after him for it. no, not really. but i still don't like the man for it. or for his politics.

13095.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back