Help with .jar File

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOP31

Reaction score
So since i am just barely Computer (Software) literate, I need help. SWMBO needs this .jar file to load or open or run, what ever they are supposed to do, for school and I am having trouble figuring it out. so I am asking you all for help. I have downloaded the .jar file and when I click to open it, it says that windows can not find the right program to open it. but from what I have read it is supposed to be a stand alone program and run by itself:eek: I don't know, I tried reading up on it but am having trouble finding information that i can understand.

If some one out there could break it down Barney style for me, as far as what I need to download or do to make it work, that would be super F*ing helpful, i am about to beat my head on the wall.

Oh yeah I also tried changing the .jar to .zip and i could extract the files and see in the folder but i couldn't find an exe file or set-up file.

Thank you all very much for your help
Cheers

Sweet Man that did it! I knew that I would get some super fast support around here.

Thanks man, I and SWMBO appreciate it.

Cheers

Back